logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drelix76  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 12:34:54 AM(UTC)
drelix76

Groups: Registered
Man
Philippines

Hi!

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to do a work around on NDI/Desktop Capture, I'm using VLC, MS Word, Notepad frequently, I have found a workaround on VLC media player, but in other softwares like MS Word 2016, Notepad, etc. In MS Word it only shows plain white, the UI is not showing properly, and in Notepad, the Title bar is hidden or it just shows white.

This is my work around on VLC,
1.PNG (516kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 2.PNG (423kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 3.PNG (423kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 4.PNG (818kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
You may notice in the attached pictures, I used desktop capture in vMix and after adding it, it just shows black, nothing else, so I tried to change the preferences, in the Video/Output from "Automatic" to "Direct3D9" and clicked stop, and play it again, and now the video is working.

Below is MS Word and Notepad,
1nf.PNG (96kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 2nf.PNG (70kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 3nf.PNG (50kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
I have no work around on this because maybe vMix does not support Direct X 12 application? I really don't know, so I just wanted to pass this to you guys and hope that this will get fixed.

I'm already using the latest vMix 21.0.0.60 with Premium Trial just to figure out whats going on with vMix in Windows 10.
But in Windows 7, all is working fine, it just so happens that after I upgraded to Windows 10, this problem just showed up.

My system spec:
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
8GB DDR4 RAM
MSI GTX 750 2GB
ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256GB M.2 PCI-e
DirectX Version 12
Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763