logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jboze  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:23:00 AM(UTC)
Jboze

Groups: Registered

Have been using vMix since July with only a few minor inconveniences, but starting at the end of November I started getting reports of our output being jittery. I have tried just about everything I can think of and the problem just doesnt seem to go away. I have used different cameras, different distribution systems, I have made sure all the frame rates are the same, tried different inputs, different presets, I updated the graphics card drivers, have checked to see if the black magic drivers need updated (which from what I have found they dont). I am at a complete loss. Has there been some sort of update along the way that would have spawned this problem? Or is anyone else having issues?

Please help. I am going crazy.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:29:09 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Did you try HDMI output from the graphics card directly ? I always found it much better than external rendering via a capture card...

Guillaume
Jboze  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:42:38 AM(UTC)
Jboze

I have not tried that yet, but it wouldn’t be optimal to our workflow to do that. Especially when we are doing a bigger production and need to have an extra monitor. I suppose if that solved the problem we could just invest in an HDMI splitter at that point, or use the output from the blackmagic as the extra monitor.

I guess for a little more background. I am running vMix on a livestream HD550 unit. So we have 5 black magic decklink mini recorders and 1 decklink mini monitor as an output. We have to stream from a teradek unit to our distributor and we use the SDI out from our unit into the Teradek.
stevespaw  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 12:18:46 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jboze Go to Quoted Post
I am running vMix on a livestream HD550 unit.

Depending on the HD550, you probably have an underpowered Graphics card in your system. We are installing vMix on our units and are in the process of updating the cards.

Steve

tesn  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:56:44 AM(UTC)
tesn

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
This probably won't be of much help but . . .

We had issues using the mini monitor for external output. It would flicker fairly repeatedly once every 30 seconds to a minute. I tried everything too.

We were using it to send the broadcast to the arena in house monitors and jumbotron. Eventually, we pulled the card out and put it in another machine. Ran vMix there and brought the stream in as an ndi source. Then sent it out from there. That lead me to believe it was an issue with the card and the motherboard. Or something else in that system.

We recently built a new pc, and I put the mini monitor back in the main system (along with a duo2 and quad2), and it seems to be working ok.

-Brian
TESN.US
Jboze  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:28:40 PM(UTC)
Jboze

We’ve got a GT 730 in out HD550 unit, and hadn’t had a problem until recently. We were doing much more intensive productions in the fall as well, but as soon as basketball rolled around it started getting all wonky. Going to try using the HDMI out of the mini monitor and see if we may just have a bad SDI connection on either the mini monitor or the teradek. My thought is that it’s the teradek now because we recently tried going from a camera directly into the unit and were still experiencing the stutter.
sinc747  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:34:33 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jboze Go to Quoted Post
We’ve got a GT 730 in out HD550 unit... and were still experiencing the stutter.

The 730 falls below the minimum vMix specification, especially for that many inputs. Upgrade to a 1060 with 6GB or a 1070 with 8GB for much, much improved results.

- Tom