logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ProSonas  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:22:37 PM(UTC)
ProSonas

Groups: Registered
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

So we're ready (and REALLY excited) to deploy our first two vMix installations in use for Handball World Cup in Denmark all of January!

As the computers will be handled by different operators for the different games, I'd like to ask you for advice on the best setup in terms of loggin in.

Is it as simple as adding a new user on the machines ?
spencerm24  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 12:18:28 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ProSonas Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

So we're ready (and REALLY excited) to deploy our first two vMix installations in use for Handball World Cup in Denmark all of January!

As the computers will be handled by different operators for the different games, I'd like to ask you for advice on the best setup in terms of loggin in.

Is it as simple as adding a new user on the machines ?

do they have to have their own account? if it is a production PC, I'd log in with one account on each PC, unless theres a reason to have a dedicated login for each user....
ProSonas  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 12:29:25 AM(UTC)
ProSonas

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No, it's not our people - so we don't even know them - we just deliver the setup for them to use.
Vuurmannetje  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 2:08:15 AM(UTC)
Vuurmannetje

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
My way of handling this:

1 Clean up the desktop. Only have several things on there: Show preset (loading this starts vmix) and the folder containing all assets with subfolders etc.
2 Make a readme with startup instructions and also put that on the desktop. The readme should also contain common troubleshooting things like reconnecting NDI sources etc.

I would use one login. Basically set it up so that no matter who starts the PC, they can open the preset, and do the show. If they want to customize and save that, thats fine, just tell them they can save it in a subfolder.

Always backup the defaults! Possibly even make a disk image so you can just reload the image if they fuck it all up.

Having a hardware controller like the 128T-Bar from Xkeys goes a long way to being plug and play for the operators btw.