logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ProSonas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:56:26 PM(UTC)
ProSonas

Groups: Registered
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One of our projects, is a livestreaming of a monthly, two hour town hall meeting.

A typical meeting is made of 8-10 parts on the agenda.

Livestreaming is all of the agenda in total but afterwards, they want a separate videofile for each part of the agenda INCLUDING a short stinger/graphics intro/outro for each file.

How can we do this in a smart way in vMix so we don't have to do it in post afterwards?

Is it possible to setup a keyboard command in such a way, that when we hear that they move on to the next part of the agenda, we hit that command and vMix will make a new recording with into graphics + insert the content + add outro and end recording when we hit the next part of the agenda (even though it's still livestreaming the main show) ?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 8:30:36 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
It's possible using shortcuts and triggers.
However this requires your speakers to take a very short pause as a requirement. Best would be if they could see or hear a "jingle" to know when to (re-)start.
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
ProSonas on 12/26/2018(UTC)
ProSonas  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 8:35:15 PM(UTC)
ProSonas

Man
Denmark

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
It's possible using shortcuts and triggers.
However this requires your speakers to take a very short pause as a requirement. Best would be if they could see or hear a "jingle" to know when to (re-)start.

Unfortunately, this is not possible for us - we cannot ask them to break up the conversion in any way.

It’s a continuous talk between 12 people and we have an audible que like “and the next part of the agenda is......” that shows us, that they moved on to the next issue on the agenda.
MartLeib  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 9:24:37 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Maybe a bit advanced but you could setup watchfolder which starts a ffmpeg script which prepends and appends the intro / outro to a completed recording.
thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
ProSonas on 12/26/2018(UTC)
ProSonas  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 6:31:18 PM(UTC)
ProSonas

Man
Denmark

Would it be possible to do this using the replay-feature ?

Barney Box Lane  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 8:34:04 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
yes you can just use the replay it just won't have the production value if you randomly cut people off and a small thing like that with an intro graphic can make them stand alone shows. Ultimately you need to have control of the talking and someone conscious of the production, (that's Mr Wonderfuls role in Shark Tank if you want to see and example).
thanks 1 user thanked Barney Box Lane for this useful post.
ProSonas on 3/4/2019(UTC)
kjones9999  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 1:17:30 AM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
There was a question on facebook similar to this and here is my response

I setup a shortcut to stop recording. I setup another shortcut to start recording. I then added to the stop recording shortcut under advanced the key for the start recording... So when pressing the stoprecording key, vmix will stop the recording and fire the command to start recording again immediately. You lose less than half a second, I tested it with a timer....

So all you need to do is setup a shortcut to fire the given graphic and add it in advanced below the shortcut added for startrecording.

So your stop recording shortcut will now:

1 - stop the recording
2- restart the recording
3- fire a new graphic

All with the touch of one button. I didnt think this would work because of the stop/start lag but it was below half a second.
thanks 1 user thanked kjones9999 for this useful post.
ProSonas on 3/4/2019(UTC)
craig@craigburnett.com  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 2:50:10 PM(UTC)
craig@craigburnett.com

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It's like that old saying, "Fast, good, cheap...pick two." If they are okay with there being some slight hiccups in the start and stop of each segment, then kjones' method would be great. If they're gonna complain about missing a few words of the discussion here or there, then they have to accept some responsibility for pausing shortly before each new segment. Or, they have to pay for you to do everything really nice in post.

They can't have it both ways, and sometimes you just need to present it to the client in a way that makes them see that.
thanks 2 users thanked craig@craigburnett.com for this useful post.
ProSonas on 3/4/2019(UTC), stevespaw on 3/5/2019(UTC)
h2video.nl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 7:22:56 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
made a button and asigned it to the function startstop recording. if you press it two times it's like a que in the recording. tried to do that very fast and this works in less than a second...

would be nice to have a stopstart function that only works during recording, so you stopstart the rec with one push but you can not accedentally stoo the recording if you hit the button or miss the second push.

inserting images I do in posy

t: there is simply no better way than to edit it nicely. i insert an overlay image over the video so you only hear the audio( the next topic is.... or: we now go to te next speaker...) usually 8 seconds. so difficult to automate.

i render all files out at night, so ready next morning, usually 8 or more presentation.

cheers stefan
thanks 1 user thanked h2video.nl for this useful post.
ProSonas on 3/24/2019(UTC)
ThommiTechnik  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 6:26:36 PM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ProSonas Go to Quoted Post
One of our projects, is a livestreaming of a monthly, two hour town hall meeting.

A typical meeting is made of 8-10 parts on the agenda.

Livestreaming is all of the agenda in total but afterwards, they want a separate videofile for each part of the agenda INCLUDING a short stinger/graphics intro/outro for each file.

How can we do this in a smart way in vMix so we don't have to do it in post afterwards?

Is it possible to setup a keyboard command in such a way, that when we hear that they move on to the next part of the agenda, we hit that command and vMix will make a new recording with into graphics + insert the content + add outro and end recording when we hit the next part of the agenda (even though it's still livestreaming the main show) ?

Hi,

the smartest way, in my opinion, is to do it right. Sorry to be harsh, but all workarounds are something for amateurs. I think, you're getting money for the job? Then let's do it on a professional way ;)

Write down the time, or TC if you inserted, and make it in the post. A real fine cut, insert stingers, openers, closers, and so on. These videos will look great, take you maybe 3 hours of work on the next day, and, the best - a satisfied and happy customer :)

What I'm doing, when in the hurry: the LoRes data of the recordings is brought via Cloud to the cutter in our offices. So he can start editing. Then, the hard-disks are coming with me, ingesting the HiRes data, let the edit-list play.... Ready :)

Cheers, Thomas
thanks 1 user thanked ThommiTechnik for this useful post.
ProSonas on 3/24/2019(UTC)