logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gre2gor  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 7:34:30 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Groups: Registered
Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi,
we are a livestreaming company, started as a one man band. Now we are mostly two man crew. Me and my wife. We mostly do ice hockey - but also all other events were our services are needed.
As we grew over the past few years, so did our production. I am a self learned streamer/broadcaster with self written software for onAir graphics, switching (ATEM & vMix controllers), replays, ...

I was very happy when we upgraded our gear and bought a Decklink card. It opened a new world for us. Now we are able to use fill/key outputs from vMix to ATEM. Atem will be solely hardware based switcher and vMix as a graphics source.

I have made several templates for vMix XAML Lower3rds connected to CSV database.

Now I have hit a brick wall, not knowing how to get XAML template to vMix and to have Table data dynamics (for team lineups/rosters). I hope some of you could point me to the right direction? Maybe you have any Template/sample to share?

This is our latest broadcast of a Slovenian Ice hockey derby between Olimpija and Jesenice.

Best regards
grega
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 7:47:43 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
you will first need to use the convert "row to columns" options in your data tables

there are quite a few posts in the forum regarding "convert row to columns"
gre2gor  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 12:03:36 AM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

I can format Database as I want... Do you mean I would need to have each teamroster on its own row and 20+ coloumns for each?
Like Team | HomePlayer | HomePlayer2 | HomePlayer3... and not like:
Team | HomePlayer1
Team | HomePlayer2
Team | HomePlayer3

?

Is there any TeamRoster/Team lineup sample availible?

Grega
Siroki  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 12:51:44 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gre2gor Go to Quoted Post
I can format Database as I want... Do you mean I would need to have each teamroster on its own row and 20+ coloumns for each?
Team | HomePlayer1
Team | HomePlayer2
Team | HomePlayer3

?

Is there any TeamRoster/Team lineup sample availible?

Grega

Hi
I was doing SEHA league over Excel file, I copy-paste home teamlist in excel with stats on first sheet, on second sheet there is a guest teamlist, on third there are stats (produced from first two sheets), and on fourth and five sheet there are one row teamlist names from first and second sheet (ako hoćeš možemo i na naški :)) )

So, I just set excell to copy names from rows to columns and everything is filled automatic.

Datasource in excel is reading rows so you need to do just like you said, write names of players in each column.

Best regards
doggy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 1:05:56 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: gre2gor Go to Quoted Post
Team | HomePlayer1
Team | HomePlayer2
Team | HomePlayer3

Yes
in practice not really need to change the database itself as the "row to columns" option can do this for you so you can use the same file again lets say for individual player details in a standard title

just assign the data to the appropriate fields in the xaml title
FYI if you name the title fields the same as the column headers you can automate the settings of the fields in your title

https://forums.vmix.com/posts/m56583-Data-Sources#post56583
gre2gor  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 1:48:42 AM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

So basically I need to create a Textblock for every Player and place it on the background? So every Player position is fixed?

If you look at what I am doing now with Powershell you can see I justify the display of the Players to fill up the screen. With fixing the positions in XAML file there will be a noticeable difference between Team A and Team B. Now I am creating this PNG files trough Powershell script and .Net Libraries.
I count all the players in a team and I am able to set line height to fill up the space.

If I need to fix a spot for every Player to have its own TextBlock in MS Blend and XAML I will try to make something. I will post the result.
I also notice a decreased performance in vMix using gradients and effects (drop-shadow, alpha). Is there anything to optimize it?

The production that we make is covered by 2-3 people. I do switching, main camera, closeup camera on top of the main camera, graphics, replays, sound and stream monitoring. My wife usually takes care of the scoreboard & clock. If our son is available to help, then he overtakes scoreboard and my wife goes by the ice rink boards with wireless camera on gimbal. She provides shots to switch to in the intermissions and mid/post game interviews.

Now when we bought a Decklink card I am on a mission to convert our PNG workflow in ATEM to more sophisticated graphics with vMix. This needs to be automated and controlled from my main Powershell script. I already did the goal scorer, penalties for Lower3rds which are great. Data is coming from live database (online scoring from the venue).

Fully automated replay system with vMix graphics. I just push two buttons on my MIDI device, wait replays to end and I have this file to upload.

You can see Team Roster on start (static PNG file) and animated Lower3rds from vMix. Replays and all graphics are automatically mixed in. vMix Lower3rds are from a database (controlled trough vMix WEB API)

P.S. Široki:
Zdravo Široki - mogli bi i po "našem" ;) kad sam več biu rođen u Yugi ali onda drugi ne razumije šta mi pišemo...

Grega
doggy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 2:05:42 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:

I also notice a decreased performance in vMix using gradients and effects (drop-shadow, alpha). Is there anything to optimize it?

yes is best to not use to much drop-shadows especially with text