logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fbcrockwood  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 12:22:42 PM(UTC)
Fbcrockwood

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone. I am having an issue and I'm not sure what to do. The past two weekends our video input is going black, stopping our livestream. We have to close vMix and restart it in order to get the video input to work again. 1. What could cause this? 2. Why do I have to shut vMix down and restart it?

Also, how do I match the color from my camera to my vMix stream?

System;
Dell OptiPlex 7060
Intel Core i7-8700 (6 cores/12MB/12T/4.6GHz/65w)
Windows 64bit
64GB RAM 2666MHz DDR4UDIMM
3 integrated graphics cards (2 Display Ports and 1 HDMI), also I additional pci Display Port
Using Blackmagic Intinsity Shuttle USB 3.0 video capture.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:56:13 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fbcrockwood Go to Quoted Post

3 integrated graphics cards (2 Display Ports and 1 HDMI), also I additional pci Display Port

Are you sure?

Sounds like an issue with your BM input.
Serano  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 9:49:03 AM(UTC)
Serano

Romania

Hello
I have a similar problem.
When I open vMix and when I play a recording promo,I can't see no video just the audio from the video is heard
The screen remain Black... Can some one help me ? (Running vMix on a dedicated server)
Thank You !
Fbcrockwood  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:35:39 PM(UTC)
Fbcrockwood

United States

Originally Posted by: BETech Go to Quoted Post
The Blackmagic USB3 capture devices are very particular with the type of USB chipset that it will accept. There is information on the Blackmagic website detailing this information.

It is best to use a dedicated USB3 PCIe card with the Renesas / NEC uPD720202 chipset. Install the Renesas drivers and install the latest version of Blackmagic Desktop Video. Upon completion, reboot the computer with the Intensity Shuttle connected & powered. Firmware updating of the Intensity Shuttle may occur after this re-boot. Be patient.

It is also best practice with USB3 capture devices to have them powered and connected prior to powering ON the computer. This will ensure a successful binding with the USB hardware. Hope this helps.

I will check my USB3 ports and drivers. The computer We bought has 8 USB3 slots. I can add a PCIe card if I have to, however, it seems like a waste when I already have so many. As far as having it connected and powered prior to powering on the computer, that is done already. I have had not problems with the computer reading the shuttle or with it producing a video. The issue has been with losing the video feed, or freezing video feed within vMix and then having to shut it down to reinitialize it. This of course means that our stream is cut off and we have to start over.
elvis55  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:10:45 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello,

(Sorry my english, translated with translator.)

It may be that the motherboard uses different USB chipset. It's like that on my PC.
Check in Device Manager under USB. A block of USB slots come with - Intel (R) USB 3 Chiipset.
One block with - ASMedia USB3 chipset.
I also had PCIe card installed with the Renesas / NEC uPD720202 chipset, had not been functional.
After that, I had the latest drivers from ASMediaUSB3 installed and connected the Intensity Shuttle there and it works. See if you can find ASMedia USB3 on your motherboard in Device Manager and which USB ports are supported by ASMedia. If no ASMedia chipset is installed, you can still try it with a PCIe card with the Renesas / NEC uPD720202.
Remove drivers and reinstall the new drivers.
I was almost despairing too, testing for a long time until it worked.
Intensity Shuttle is not single-minded to get started.

Greeting