logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GeorgeR  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 8:58:26 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
This will be the first bad thing I have ever said about vMix software. I have used the software since about version #8 and loved every version. What I don't like about version 22 is only being about to make animations with the GT Designer if you own a 4K or 4K Pro license. I think this decision from vMix is absolutely B.S.]
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 10:32:53 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
There are many solutions to create animated titles in vMix with third-parties applications.
Buying one of them or upgrading to vMix 4K is a financial decision. However MS Blend is free and way more powerful than GT. So it's not entirely a financial decision to make if you really want to create animations...
With GT included, vMix 4K is still a bargain for what it does and compared to the price of other switchers alone or other titlers alone...

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 12/22/2018(UTC)
GeorgeR  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:19:39 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
George Price Perhaps wording my post with the B.S. was a bit strong. Sorry about that. Maybe I should have just said Bull? Honestly, I am madder at me than I’ll ever be at vMix. I still love the software no matter what. The GT Designer was the only part of the vMix 22 update I was interested in. Had I understood that you need vMix 4K or 4K Pro to use the animation portion of the new GT Designer in vMix 22 I would have never paid an additional fee to try the vMix 22 Beta. I certainly won’t pay the $350.00 to upgrade to 4K just to be able to use the animation portion of vMix 22. It just isn’t worth that to me. You can use a service like Fiverr (Fiverr.com) and have some very cool titles of logos made for your videos.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:42:54 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeorgeR Go to Quoted Post
I certainly won’t pay the $350.00 to upgrade to 4K just to be able to use the animation portion of vMix 22. It just isn’t worth that to me. You can use a service like Fiverr (Fiverr.com) and have some very cool titles of logos made for your videos.

The purchase of a product does not entitle you to every future effort of the company.

If it's not worth the expense than, very simply, you're not in the target market.

What concerns me is continuing to add complexity to the product. At some point it become unwieldy. At some point it makes sense that graphics is separate from the switcher.
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:29:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi George,

Feel free to drop us an email if you would like a refund on the upgrade to go back to vMix 21, as we would be happy to offer that.
We'll make this offer open to everybody.

That said, there are a number of things in 22 that all editions can benefit from, not just 4K and Pro.

1. Over 70 built in GT templates with animation. These animations in particular work in all vMix editions!
2. Tickers! You can build your own tickers in all vMix editions as well.
3. MultiCorder enhancements, Live Pause and Input Snapshot support added.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
Mari on 12/22/2018(UTC), ProSonas on 12/26/2018(UTC), seb666 on 12/26/2018(UTC)
cbpayne  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:49:24 PM(UTC)
cbpayne

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post

The purchase of a product does not entitle you to every future effort of the company.

Yep; very good point!
desmar  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:31:25 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Love the new GT Designer and Animated titles, I to cannot justify paying upwards of $700 USD just to get GT Designer with Animated titles. Yes, I would get 4K and PTZ and the other goodies, but have no need for 4K or PTZ.

It would have been nice if GT Designer could have been an add-on package to the SD, HD versions at a lower price like $200 - $250 USD and included in the 4K and pro Versions or any other combinations.
sinc747  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:44:21 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 162 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeorgeR Go to Quoted Post
Had I understood that you need vMix 4K or Pro to use the animation portion of the new GT Designer in vMix 22 I would have never paid an additional fee to try the vMix 22 Beta.

George,

As the reseller that sold you the vMix Update for your vMix HD license I am refunding you the entire amount of your update purchase ($54.00). I do not want you to feel trapped with something you are not happy with. Please keep the update as a token of my appreciation of your past business and support.

I take responsibility for not doing more to help you understand what the update would allow you to do with your vMix HD license and what it would not enable you to do. That's on me.

I hope you will try out the new vMix titles in your updated version of vMix as they are now animated. These titles are available to vMix license holders regardless of what license they hold as long as they have updated their license for a fee or who purchased their license in 2018 and can update for free.

Allow me to re-emphasize that all vMix license holders (updated or 2018 dated) can use GT Title Designer to produce static titles. But note that only holders of vMix 4K and vMix Pro licenses (again, updated or 2018 dated) can create and use custom animated titles with GT Title Designer.

I am terribly sorry for the confusion and hope you will continue to be a fan of vMix well into the future.

Tom Sinclair
Eastern Shore Broadcasting
vMix Reseller

thanks 5 users thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
Mari on 12/22/2018(UTC), mjgraves on 12/23/2018(UTC), ProSonas on 12/26/2018(UTC), seb666 on 12/26/2018(UTC), rowby on 12/29/2018(UTC)
Barney Box Lane  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:17:25 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've spent 3k on a titling system that doesn't do what the vmix ticker does, and it bugs out every show, last year they did one update, and it took features away and I had to pay another 1k to get them back.
Vmix works amazingly well and I've never seen software progress at this speed and add so many features after purchase, I'm pretty sure everyones copy of vmix has gone up in value since purchasing.
thanks 2 users thanked Barney Box Lane for this useful post.
rowby on 12/29/2018(UTC), SHMD on 12/30/2018(UTC)
pba  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:40:57 PM(UTC)
pba

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Barney Box Lane Go to Quoted Post

Vmix works amazingly well and I've never seen software progress at this speed and add so many features after purchase, I'm pretty sure everyones copy of vmix has gone up in value since purchasing.

So true!!!!
thanks 1 user thanked pba for this useful post.
rowby on 12/29/2018(UTC)
Osprey  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 8:30:15 PM(UTC)
Osprey

United Kingdom

Just purchased the HD version and couldn't work out why my animated Scripture passage was just cutting in on transition and not the slick graceful and smooth entrance it used to have under the trial. Then just realised. Custom animations not unless 4k or above is purchased. That's a real shame guys. I had got used to this under the trial and now have to go without. It's still great software so if anyone can recommend a way to do this and use in Vmix, in as easy a way as vmix allows - I would greatly appreciate knowing. Currently needed as I am putting a service together for this coming Lord's day. Thank you and God Bless. I'm loving vmix by the way!
Rinsky  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 11:44:05 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post

What concerns me is continuing to add complexity to the product. At some point it become unwieldy. At some point it makes sense that graphics is separate from the switcher.

I don't mind buying the 4K and Pro licenses (I own 2 Pro licenses), since it's still a bargain for everything Vmix offers, especially the great support.

But I also think that a modular Vmix pricing plan would make more sense now, because Vmix got sooo complex in the last couple of years.

Basic - maximum of 4 inputs, just SD quality, + 1 IR channel, 1 channel of Multicorder, 1 external Output, GT Title designer (just the designer, Vmix shouldnt let them be loaded into the main program) for testing and getting to know the program

Basic HD - same just in HD
Basic 4K - same just in 4K

Those 3 should be the 3 basic options and then 3 options:

Vmix SD/HD/4K - for unlimited amout of inputs

Vmix GT Addon
Vmix Replay Addon
Vmix Call Addon
and so on...

oh and Vmix Pro should still be an option and include all of it of course

It just confusing for people that are new to Vmix to buy Vmix 4K if they only use it in HD, but want 4 people on their Vmix Calls.

I also think that the 60 day trial version is waaaay to long and it would make more sense to make it only 30 days, but include all features in the basic editions, but just in small portions, like I mentioned above
mavik  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 11:56:51 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
vMix is a bargain for it's capabilities and STABILITY. The more you want the more you pay. That's the way everywhere. The pricing should be up to vMix honestly.
And please first priority is stability. It's of no-ones use if some new features make it unstable.
Maximus  
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 4:41:06 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
The 60 day Trial version of vMix is an excellent opportunity to try out all the functionality to be sure it can do what you want. Often I signup for Trial software where the trial is too short, especially if your schedule or resources mimimises he time available to fully test. For new users this is a great opportunity to become comfortable to know which version they want. I hope Martin never changes the Trial period.

With all Software they are features that are only enabled in the pricier versions that you may not need. Frequently I pay extra for White Label Software without needing the additional features that are enabled. Different users will have different priorities. A Customised Modular feature set catering to individual needs is not practical. Make your choice.

Maxi