logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mediadisconnect  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:48:39 AM(UTC)
mediadisconnect

Groups: Registered
United States

I understand these may have been added in the new GT but in case they haven't....

I would like an option where you can Duplicate/Clone an existing Title. I would add clone as an option when you right click on an existing title.

I would also like the option for the left click behavior of a Title to open the Title Editor.

And lastly, I know in Title Designer you can add a still background. I would rather have an option to add a background image/video to the Title after it has been added to the input bar. This would allow me to have one consistent title format with different full screen looping videos as backgrounds.
SHMD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 1:59:04 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
That will be a lot of horse power to render that type of title, in my opinion I don’t think vmix want’s GT to replace high end external CG rendering/design products.
One trick I have done in the past with vmix is have video loops loaded in a play list, queue up the one you want to use in preview and than queue up the title overlay in preview over the video, when you cut/transition they come in together.

If it was me I would use external hardware/software that is designed for real time graphics to render video and graphics in complex animations and bring them in via NDI.
mediadisconnect  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:44:33 AM(UTC)
mediadisconnect

United States

I was thinking more like how Multiview works. You can add an additional layer to the titler output without having to have that video or still in the input bar.
SHMD  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:28:20 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mediadisconnect Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking more like how Multiview works. You can add an additional layer to the titler output without having to have that video or still in the input bar.

Not 100% sure what you mean, but you can easily program shortcuts to bring in a video loop behind a graphic overlay with a push of one button. You can also give this a try next time you have vMix open - select your looped background video so it appears in preview than RIGHT mouse click on the overlay number (1 to 4) than when you need to bring them into the output just hit CUT or what ever transition you want.

The titles in vMix already have technically 4 layers as each overlay can be used as a layer... so I think you can do what you want with out GT adding a video layer to the render engine.

Hopefully this explains what I was trying to say first time...

-s
doggy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:00:03 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mediadisconnect Go to Quoted Post

titles basically consist of layers , so an image layer is included if so coded

search this forum as there have been examples of changing images on the fly within a title. the searc might have to go waaaay back ;-)