logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tat  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 5:27:47 AM(UTC)
Tat

Groups: Registered
United States

It is easy to accidently delete a vMix Call session, either by deleting a pre-set or by going into a vMix Call session and accidently selecting the "change" capability. Once this happens, is there a way to reuse the same password again? In this way, you don't have to send new session information to the guest.

Or, is there a way to copy and paste one vMix Call Session on a preset into another preset? For example, in a project with eight vMix Calls, if I accidently delete or "change" one of the eight calls, can I re-enter the same password in a new vMix Call, or can I go back to an earlier preset and copy and paste one of the calls into my current preset?

Mari  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 6:10:00 AM(UTC)
Mari

Netherlands

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I have simply saved my vMix Call session as a vMix Preset. If I accidentally delete/close it I can simply load/append this preset to the already existing ones. Password remains the same!
Barney Box Lane  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:16:00 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I'd say no, it's a generator not an input but it might be a thing they can impliment
Mari  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:46:39 AM(UTC)
Mari

Netherlands

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
... they don't have to implement anything because what I said DOES work! But it is easy to say NO before you have tried it yourself!

- Create vMix-Call input
- Save preset(s)
- Close vMix

- Restart vMix
- Load the previous saved preset

And there it is, your vMix-Call input with the same password!

Note: people forget passwords, therefore I named this particular input "vMixCall - xxx" where xxx is the password to use...
elvis55  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 5:53:55 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello,

To avoid an accidental closure of an instance, there is a "lock" in the lower right corner.
So nothing more can be deleted, but you can still add inputs and perform functions.

Greeting
Barney Box Lane  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:31:24 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mari Go to Quoted Post
... they don't have to implement anything because what I said DOES work! But it is easy to say NO before you have tried it yourself!

- Create vMix-Call input
- Save preset(s)
- Close vMix

- Restart vMix
- Load the previous saved preset

And there it is, your vMix-Call input with the same password!

Note: people forget passwords, therefore I named this particular input "vMixCall - xxx" where xxx is the password to use...

that's normal that's what everyone does I think he's talking about literally putting the number back in because he hadent saved the password in question.. I might've read it wrong
grantcoll  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:47:53 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
But what if you don't want to close vMix. You have a live broadcast or recording in progress, and you want to reuse or reinstate a vmixCall without shutting your live broadcast down, for obvious reasons.
elvis55  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:09:55 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hallo

Simply save the vMix call session as a vMix preset. You can save different vMix call sessions. If you accidentally delete vMixCall or you have a live broadcast or recording in progress and want to reuse or restore a vmixCall for obvious reasons without stopping your live broadcast.
Click on Open, search for the desired vMix preset, click on open, just mark VideoCall (with a check mark) and then click on - Append -.

Gruss

OpenPreset
thanks 1 user thanked elvis55 for this useful post.
grantcoll on 6/30/2020(UTC)
JefHaugh  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 1:17:48 AM(UTC)
JefHaugh

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I get all that, although I hadn't thought about the uniqueness aspect. Pulling the setting from a previous session is a helpful idea. I didn't know about "appending" a setting into a current setup, thanks.

But, at the core, what I would like for the password to not automatically reset whenever I go looking for the link in the setup. That should be a simple implementation. If I want a new password, I can hit the "reset password" button.

xaver  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 2:54:08 AM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JefHaugh Go to Quoted Post
I get all that, although I hadn't thought about the uniqueness aspect. Pulling the setting from a previous session is a helpful idea. I didn't know about "appending" a setting into a current setup, thanks.

But, at the core, what I would like for the password to not automatically reset whenever I go looking for the link in the setup. That should be a simple implementation. If I want a new password, I can hit the "reset password" button.

If you want to know the password of an open call, right click in the preview window, "Open Call Manager", scroll up and you will see the password
if you go to "change" you make a new call