logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stuart M  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 3:54:56 PM(UTC)
Stuart M

Groups: Registered

I have tried to use ptz cameras in a playlist.

Typically when you click on a virtual ptz Input it will load it into preview and then once the cameras stops moving you can manually transition it to the program or live.

However with a playlist, when it changes to a virtual input it switches the input direct to program and you get to watch the ugly ptz movement.

I did find a way to make it work before if a had a very specific order setup. (But it was a pain to setup and if you wanted to change things on the fly you were pretty much sunk.) It involves calling the next input into preview and then causing the system to sleep or wait before it made the transition. I forget where I did this exactly. But it would be much easier if some of this functionality was provided in the playlist function.

Maybe a check box to 'preview input' or 'preview ptz' which would load the input to preview before going live. Then likely a timed amount to delay before going live.

Or, a way to have the playlist load the subsequent input to preview at the time it switches the current one to program. I guess this likely doesn't help if the first input on the list is a virtual ptz input and it has to move the camera on the fly.

Thanks.
Stuart M  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 3:58:10 PM(UTC)
Stuart M

I should mention I do currently use ptz cameras in my playlists, but I only tell the playlist to load the 'master input' and not the virtual inputs. I then switch manually between virtual inputs while another camera is active. Would love functionality to use the virtual inputs in a playlist though. : )
mburel1980  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 5:41:52 PM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi,

You can achieve this by using triggers.

e.g. if you have 3 virtual PTZ inputs. You set a trigger "on transition in - Preview Input 2" to Input 1, then set a trigger to Input 2 "on transition in - Preview Input 3" and so on.

Works pretty good IMHO.

Have fun

Marc
Stuart M  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:51:21 AM(UTC)
Stuart M

Yes. This is the method I used before. But it is rather clunky as you would have to program this in advance and then it would be challenging to make changes on the fly as you would always have to keep them in the same order. By putting these tools inside the playlist setup you could make several playlists ahead of time that could be in different orders and save and recall them.

(Also when you are not using the playlist the triggers continue to activate whenever you load that virtual input unless you turn them off when you aren't using the playlist.)
sanderk  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 8:58:50 AM(UTC)
sanderk

Netherlands

Hello Stuart M. I was looking for an application too, that could do the job. DMWKR user send me this video. I think this is the solution.