logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
allegfede  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 1:56:13 AM(UTC)
allegfede

Groups: Registered

Testing the 21.0.0.57 demo of vmix with blackmagic cards (intensity 4k, intensity pro and mini recorder), with a 576 50i 16:9 pal output.

I got all hdmi camcorders outputting 1920:1080 50i video and everything is fine on computer screen (vmix GUI).

BUT when i got camera1 on preview (for example) and camera 2 on air and wanna swap them pressun cut (but is the same with direct cut, fade or a wipe), i always got images on program output that where compressed vertically, swapped and then re-expanded.

is really weird.

PS: i got also a problem with the mpeg2 ffmpeg recording. Cannot set a bitrate less than 8Mbps (but i can stand with this), but if i record a 720x576 50i pal (is 16:9 anamorhic i suppose by vmix settings), i got a video clip that covers all the 720x576 pixels (is ok), but has a 4:3 flag. So when i play it back with vlc i see it MORE compressed orizzontally. If i force vlc to get 16:9 proportion the image i great, if i force to 4:3 is like it have to be in reality (without the expantion by software suggested by the missing anamorphic flag), but if i set vlc to the default (defined by clip) aspect ratio, the image is compressed orizzontally and not expanded ..... strange.

PPS: i know that no one more is using the 576 50i, but i still got a "analog" dvb-t encoder in the station, so at the moment last ring of the chain has to be analog pal (althought whe got all ip based infrastructure).

Cheers.

NB: if i convert the mpeg2 to h264 simply addind a setdar=16/9, the resulting clip has the correct aspect ratio (ffmpeg -hwaccel cuvid -i $NAME.$EXTENSION -vf setdar=16/9 -c:v h264_nvenc -preset fast $NAME.youtube.mp4)
Siroki  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:20:34 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: allegfede Go to Quoted Post
Testing the 21.0.0.57 demo of vmix with blackmagic cards (intensity 4k, intensity pro and mini recorder), with a 576 50i 16:9 pal output.

I got all hdmi camcorders outputting 1920:1080 50i video and everything is fine on computer screen (vmix GUI).

BUT when i got camera1 on preview (for example) and camera 2 on air and wanna swap them pressun cut (but is the same with direct cut, fade or a wipe), i always got images on program output that where compressed vertically, swapped and then re-expanded.

is really weird.

PS: i got also a problem with the mpeg2 ffmpeg recording. Cannot set a bitrate less than 8Mbps (but i can stand with this), but if i record a 720x576 50i pal (is 16:9 anamorhic i suppose by vmix settings), i got a video clip that covers all the 720x576 pixels (is ok), but has a 4:3 flag. So when i play it back with vlc i see it MORE compressed orizzontally. If i force vlc to get 16:9 proportion the image i great, if i force to 4:3 is like it have to be in reality (without the expantion by software suggested by the missing anamorphic flag), but if i set vlc to the default (defined by clip) aspect ratio, the image is compressed orizzontally and not expanded ..... strange.

PPS: i know that no one more is using the 576 50i, but i still got a "analog" dvb-t encoder in the station, so at the moment last ring of the chain has to be analog pal (althought whe got all ip based infrastructure).

Cheers.

NB: if i convert the mpeg2 to h264 simply addind a setdar=16/9, the resulting clip has the correct aspect ratio (ffmpeg -hwaccel cuvid -i $NAME.$EXTENSION -vf setdar=16/9 -c:v h264_nvenc -preset fast $NAME.youtube.mp4)

Hi
Funny, I also did yesterday graphics with 720x576 PAL output :)
And also had a problem with one input, when its live on overlay1 it is ok, but when I make it out to show another graphic and again go back and overlay that input it becomes streched or shrinked. Then I just quickly go to input settings and change aspect ratio depending on current state (If its normal I set widescreen, and if its widescreen I set normal) and then graphics looks ok. But that is not a good solution. Why should input shrink or strech xaml input (in my case simple scoreboard)
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 12:11:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Send a support report from Settings -> About and drop us an email to info@vmix.com.au
should be easy to see what setting is causing this, as I have just tested this and it is working correctly here.

Siroki  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 6:28:07 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Send a support report from Settings -> About and drop us an email to info@vmix.com.au
should be easy to see what setting is causing this, as I have just tested this and it is working correctly here.

I figure out my problem was changing prepared XAMLs on 720x576 to 720x576 widescreen.I will fix it easy.
Thx
thanks 1 user thanked Siroki for this useful post.
allegfede on 11/10/2018(UTC)
allegfede  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:48:56 AM(UTC)
allegfede

doing
allegfede  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:04:03 AM(UTC)
allegfede

[SOLVED] maybe ...

today i restart all the vmix setup from scratch, and seems that the "bug" was connected at setting the pal (rec/out) to 720x576 50i

if i set vmix to be:
1) WIDESCREEN (not anamorphic)
2) all the chain (mix/rec/output ..) to be at 768X576 (i was using 720x576)

THAN:
* no shrinking
* and perfect 16:9 mpeg2 recording (stretched back by the player to 16:9 aspect ratio).

maybe vmix coders could take a look to some kind of weird code about the 720x576 (for those like us that live in the past :D .... read "have no money for the new sdi multiplexer")

thanks