logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
screamn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:24:24 AM(UTC)
screamn

Groups: Registered

What are some solutions (hardware and/or software) you are using to give presenters on stage control of powerpoint presentations while live switching with vMix? Dsan PerfectCue seems to be the key player, does it integrate with vMix in any way?
desmar  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:50:11 AM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Would be cheaper to use a Wireless Presenter Remote hooked up to a laptop, then send the full screen powerpoint back to streaming computer via NDI via WiFi in my opinion. especially with that $895 USD price tag.

Originally Posted by: screamn Go to Quoted Post
What are some solutions (hardware and/or software) you are using to give presenters on stage control of powerpoint presentations while live switching with vMix? Dsan PerfectCue seems to be the key player, does it integrate with vMix in any way?
thanks 1 user thanked desmar for this useful post.
screamn on 11/6/2018(UTC)
BigApple  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:49:59 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Originally Posted by: desmar Go to Quoted Post
Would be cheaper to use a Wireless Presenter Remote hooked up to a laptop, then send the full screen powerpoint back to streaming computer via NDI via WiFi in my opinion. especially with that $895 USD price tag.

Originally Posted by: screamn Go to Quoted Post

I don't think Dsan clickers work or at least vmix does not listen to it. I asked for this feature years ago. seems they don't care to implement.

mavik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:05:54 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
What do you want to achieve
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:44:31 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
PerfectCue is here to control a slide presentation with Powerpoint or any other software.
It doesn't need to be used by vMix. Typical workflow is to have slides on a laptop connected to a beamer and use NDI Desktop Capture to get the slides into vMix.
PerfectCue is a fantastic device for professional live events even with long distance. I have used it at more than 75 meters. Thus the price...
If the laptop is on stage it's useless, a basic Logitech remote controller will do the job just fine.

Guillaume
mavik  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:16:31 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Thanks Guillaume. I understand your comment and I understand the PerfectCue as well. But I don't understand the initial question.
I want to add that at some meetings the presenters want to use their own computers. Installing software is often restricted. In these cases I would recommend a HDMI splitter. One end to the projector. The other into vmix. Direct or over network.
protogon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 1:38:35 AM(UTC)
protogon

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You can try https://cliqer.io that can be integrated with vMix
silvad0ugh  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 11:47:25 PM(UTC)
silvad0ugh

United States

"I don't think Dsan clickers work or at least vmix does not listen to it. I asked for this feature years ago. seems they don't care to implement."

Hi Everyone, just wanted to report my findings on this topic since I initially found this thread in my research with PerfectCue and vMix and assumed it didn't work based on this comment. I can tell you that the PerfectCue does indeed work with PowerPoint presentations as inputs in vMix.

I believed this above comment to be true at first because I didn't map my keyboard shortcuts appropriately. You need to map your left and right arrow keys on your keyboard to the "Next Item" and "Previous Item" on the active input. This will advance slides with your PowerPoint input.

It didn't work for me initially as well because I originally mapped these functions to my Stream Deck. I now cloned these shortcuts so that my arrow keys advance slides as well. PerfectCue works with your arrow key commands much like a USB clicker so this method has been working for me.

Is it safe to assume that this works with every user across the board who are using PerfectCue's?
montyfabio  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 11:49:55 PM(UTC)
montyfabio

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
the person on stage give me the powerpoint.. i put it on vmix.. and i give a Logitech R400 to the person on stage so can change the slides..