logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
R_L  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:19:32 AM(UTC)
R_L

Groups: Registered

We run productions and livestreams primarily related to Esports. Our current workflow looks like:
- 1 PC running Vmix with a BlackMagic DeckLink SDI 4K PCI-e card
- 1 or 2 professional studio cameras taken in as SDI
- Game footage taken in through HDMI input
- Audio taken in through the Audio Mixer

We are looking at improving our production to include player POV cams and have been looking at models such as the Marshall CV505. Most of our Esports game titles have 10-12 players so that would mean 10-12 such cameras mounted on the desks and the outputs taken through SDI/HDMI.

Was hoping to get some feedback on the best way to get these cameras into our Vmix PC and what sort of equipment will be needed. We are hoping to overlay the POV of each player cam on top of the game footage as we spectate their gameplay so it has to be a constant capture.

Right now we also use another PC for titling, etc which we relay through NDI into the Vmix PC for mixing.

Appreciate any assistance in advance.
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:11:35 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: R_L Go to Quoted Post
We run productions and livestreams primarily related to Esports. Our current workflow looks like:
- 1 PC running Vmix with a BlackMagic DeckLink SDI 4K PCI-e card
- 1 or 2 professional studio cameras taken in as SDI
- Game footage taken in through HDMI input
- Audio taken in through the Audio Mixer

We are looking at improving our production to include player POV cams and have been looking at models such as the Marshall CV505. Most of our Esports game titles have 10-12 players so that would mean 10-12 such cameras mounted on the desks and the outputs taken through SDI/HDMI.

Was hoping to get some feedback on the best way to get these cameras into our Vmix PC and what sort of equipment will be needed. We are hoping to overlay the POV of each player cam on top of the game footage as we spectate their gameplay so it has to be a constant capture.

Right now we also use another PC for titling, etc which we relay through NDI into the Vmix PC for mixing.

Appreciate any assistance in advance.

For the last two years i've done what you are guys are trying to do and the Marshal CV345's our money especially if you're dealing with a lot of low light environments like I do. the CV505's are good as well but i like the better glass option on the 345's. I use the 505's for when travel and location space is tight or if i also want an overhand cam (i do arcade games, Golden Tee, Buck Hunter, Darts , Pool etc). The thing about the Marshals is the manual side of things but if your traditional eSport where the player isn't moving as much as when players play pinball or golden tee *arcade style) then setting the lense on focal point is cake and you can remotely manage them via RS485. However, i would wait because they will be releasing their new line late November all true 4K and even a 505 sized 1080p120f cam although not really needed for what your doing but for me it's awesome. The 4K CV380 is what i'm looking at and i imagine the 4K addition would allow you to better match your frames and picture with your other cams.

Another great marshal is the CV350 which i just can't leave without and that allows me full control of picture including zoom and focus for when things aren't as controlled as a super low lux.

where are you from?

-King
thanks 1 user thanked NiBTour for this useful post.
R_L on 10/2/2019(UTC)