logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davesuemcbride  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 6:38:55 PM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Forum - Wondering if it's possible to use the API to programmatically 'snip' a long streaming broadcast into individual recorded segments? Basically, I have a 10 hour broadcast of about 60 races, each under 10 minutes long. At the end of the day I'd have a folder with 60 files, each a gigabyte or so, with names generated by the program that's driving the API.

I already have the signals as to when each race starts - what I'd like to do is use the API to close any current recording and record anew with a given filename. Two separate calls to first close and then start OK, and probably better in case I want to skip non-race content. Format would most likely be MPEG-2 TS, though I imagine the API capability (if present) would be format-neutral.

Also, any guidance on CPU burden for recording 1080p30 MPEG-2 TS at 25 megabits? Relative increase in CPU requirements for going instead with MP4 (H264 & AAC)? Realize storage has to be fast, i.e. SSD preferred. More generally, any better (but still cheap ;) alternatives to adding more burden to the mixing machine?

Thanks,
David