logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watchfulone  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:42:08 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,
I don't if this feature is already there
But for version 12, can you implement a Embed Code feature into vMix so that we can use embed code from say Ustream / Livestream etc. for output to program so we can record internally and output to a projector.
At my Church our Bishop preach from one local branch and we stream to the other, this stream is picked up on Ustream and we try to do a full screen to show the feed, but dosen't always work out well, since when it is full screen we can't do anything else on the computer.
If this feature is in vMix we would be able to embed the video, cut to program, output to projector and still do background stuff on the computer.

Please look into this, thanks and keep up the good work.
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 2:51:41 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
watchfulone wrote:
Hi Martin,
But for version 12, can you implement a Embed Code feature into vMix so that we can use embed code from say Ustream / Livestream etc. for output to program so we can record internally and output to a projector.
At my Church our Bishop preach from one local branch and we stream to the other, this stream is picked up on Ustream and we try to do a full screen to show the feed, but dosen't always work out well, since when it is full screen we can't do anything else on the computer.
If this feature is in vMix we would be able to embed the video, cut to program, output to projector and still do background stuff on the computer.

If I understand you correctly, you want to have your stream on ustream displaying as an input on vMix... and if that is the case, then you why not just use the full rtmp protocol under the Flash/RTMP input and bingo you have your feed as an input in vMix instead of the embed code.
watchfulone  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 3:06:31 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Damn2Good4U wrote:
watchfulone wrote:
Hi Martin,

If I understand you correctly, you want to have your stream on ustream displaying as an input on vMix... and if that is the case, then you why not just use the full rtmp protocol under the Flash/RTMP input and bingo you have your feed as an input in vMix instead of the embed code.

I did try that but no luck with it, would'nt connect to the stream from Ustream.
watchfulone  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:56:56 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Damn2Good4U wrote:
watchfulone wrote:
Hi Martin,

With the Embed Code feature we could add or remove additional code such as main video window with sub windows showing previous recorded videos, chat functions for social networks, etc. I really think this is a good idea for vMix as could then put on a large projector screen what we want to in a training session, Bible study, confrence, etc.
MrFreeze  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:36:15 AM(UTC)
MrFreeze

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1

that would be a nice feature. (one I would use alot)

btw if the embedded code has a swf in the address Vmix should be able treat that as s flash input.

it seems most sites though are using html 5 based iframes which I don't think Vmix can display.
lbgaus  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:00:43 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
This type of thing is not as easy as it sounds. Services like UStream, twitch, and any other RTMP-enabled streaming services generally use any combinations of RTMP Stream Keys, RTMPE (encryption), and complicated playpaths that change depending on browser user-agent, IP address, Flash installed version, random seeds, etc...

vMix's RTMP input is intended to be used with unprotected and unobfuscated RTMP sources (like a Teradek encoder, a privately operated Flash Media Server, etc...). It's not going to be realistic to transfer a UStream source into vMix unless you use a Desktop Capture, or dedicate a separate computer to playing the stream. However, if you are just trying to transmit your own event video stream from one location to the other for exhibition like you say, don't use Ustream/Livestream for that. Consider renting an RTMP streaming service from a CDN provider, or make your own RTMP server using Linux and the nginx server (lots of tutorials if you Google the topic).
Damn2Good4U  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:41:42 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
lbgaus wrote:
This type of thing is not as easy as it sounds. Services like UStream, twitch, and any other RTMP-enabled streaming services generally use any combinations of RTMP Stream Keys, RTMPE (encryption), and complicated playpaths that change depending on browser user-agent, IP address, Flash installed version, random seeds, etc...

vMix's RTMP input is intended to be used with unprotected and unobfuscated RTMP sources (like a Teradek encoder, a privately operated Flash Media Server, etc...). It's not going to be realistic to transfer a UStream source into vMix unless you use a Desktop Capture, or dedicate a separate computer to playing the stream. However, if you are just trying to transmit your own event video stream from one location to the other for exhibition like you say, don't use Ustream/Livestream for that. Consider renting an RTMP streaming service from a CDN provider, or make your own RTMP server using Linux and the nginx server (lots of tutorials if you Google the topic).

Well said and to me, @ibgaus statement above settles it.
watchfulone  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:30:55 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

lbgaus wrote:

Excellent answer, thanks
TVIason  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:25:23 AM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
lbgaus wrote:

Also you could use a youtube live stream by copying the url as a flash input
smudge1977  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:16:46 PM(UTC)
smudge1977

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am trying to do a desktop capture of a livestream program but vMix does not see the content on the web page.

Help please...

Charssay  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 7:55:04 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
smudge1977 wrote:
I am trying to do a desktop capture of a livestream program but vMix does not see the content on the web page.

Help please...

You Must fullscreen it
wtmuradiotv  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 1:42:57 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
you cant stream live video from other url's because of copyright issues sometimes they have those hiding on there sites ...I would love a feature like split broadcaster uses so you may put in any http to pop up and you could adjust the view so that you can capture any http