logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vidkid  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:16:04 PM(UTC)
vidkid

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Many of you experienced pros probably know this,so this is really for the novice,such as myself. Be VERY careful when purchasing third party virtual sets to use in vMix because they are most likely incompatible! I just spent LOTS of money on v-sets only to discover that unless there is an "xml" file related to the v-set,vMix will not open it and therefore it is useless in vMix,which is all I care about right now. Unfortunately the vMix documentation does not explain anything about compatible files,nor does it explain how you can create your own,as is stated on the "Features" page of the website.

So,noobies,do yourself a favor and make SURE that whatever you purchase is compatible with vMix.

vidkid
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:42:04 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Thanks for the warning

not at all an expert but I do believe the xml files and associated png files and playing with the in vMix do explain enough to figure out how to even create your own virtual sets

Guy
vidkid  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:10:18 PM(UTC)
vidkid

doggy wrote:
Thanks for the warning

not at all an expert but I do believe the xml files and associated png files and playing with the in vMix do explain enough to figure out how to even create your own virtual sets

Guy

Hmmm. Well,you are certainly a more adept and patient person than myself. Also,as a person coming from the audio world,where plugins are as simple as pie,it seems a bit self defeating to assume that your customers want to spend so much time trying to "figure" something out,when it should really be as simple as a "plugin". I personally would appreciate more guidance and information,but that's just me I suppose.

vidkid
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:55:47 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I am sorry,

Should have let Martin respond instead of saying its a few layered graphics, position specified in the xml file as a sort of multiview with the extra options of them being dynamic (replaceable with video or other ) and of specified zoom(shot) settings.

I dont know what the sets you purchased exactly contain exept they do not contain a xml file
vidkid  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:32:11 PM(UTC)
vidkid

Thanks again for the reply doggy.The other thing I forgot to mention is,I am unable to save anything in the "Virtual Sets" folder. So,if I try to mess around with xml files(my own) not vMix,I am unable to save any xml parameters. This may just be an issue for me,but I have full administrative priveledges and yet I am uanble to save these files. Just adding to my frustration.

So,you say layered graphics. Are these supposed to be created in something like Photoshop,or some other similar program,or can it be done in something cheaper and more simple? Just wondering where to begin "figuring" out this stuff.

Thanks again for the reply,

vidkid
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:53:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

1)
Change the security propertys of that folder FOR user (You)

2)
go to a folder of one of the virtual sets and open the config.xml with notepad.
There will be several <input name ... each correspond with one of the image files in rev order in that same folder.
Some will have a dynamic set to true , those will be replaceable with footage and such while in vmix ( when its loaded as preset)
Next are a few lines <zoom name ... that corresponds with the settings (view) one can chose from within vMix
Open the same virtualset in vMix and compare those with your input , its options ( settings) one can set etc
btw dont chose a Multiview Virtualset to experiment as those dont include an example of zooming settings

IN the 'setup'of your virtualset you will notice that the layers (name) correspond with the ones in the xml file and also if you can change their input or not
The camera tab will show you the zoom presents as setin the xml files
and there you can also chose how fast you go form one view to another
oh and have a few other inputs ready so you can choose them for use within your virtual set when you are playing with the setup options.

as for the various x and Y values , sorry have not worked nor had the need to change a virtualset yet
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
vidkid on 12/30/2013(UTC)
vidkid  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:46:43 PM(UTC)
vidkid

Doggy,thanks for the great info. I will try those suggestions as soon as possible!

Thanks,

vidkid