logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inkarpathos  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 10:49:26 AM(UTC)
inkarpathos

Groups: Registered

I would like to know if their is a way to export the final product to video and audio.

I would like to use this program for my TV station. I would like to transmit the output.

Is their a special machine that I would need, in order to do this?

If I have a graphics card with two monitors, could I say that the second monitor will be my output signal? Will I need a special adapter to make it into RCA?
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 10:54:59 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Some video cards have analog outputs (adapter cable with RCA connectors) or you can convert the secondary video card connection (VGA or DVI) to analog.
But, I would recommend using a Black Magic Intensity pro. This will IMHO give you the best output.
ceejay7777  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 5:54:06 PM(UTC)
ceejay7777

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Charssay  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:30:29 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,
Keep the Egriswold advice. Even more if your feed in is HD. You will keep a better quality at your final step. And In the way out of your BM if you buy it, you can use a convertissor to change the HDMi signal on SD Analog signal or other keep a better result
C.
inkarpathos  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:59:44 AM(UTC)
inkarpathos

Guys, thanks for your help. I have another problem to sort.

I'm looking at the Blackmagic Intensity Pro series capture card.
1) Which is better, the Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0) or Intensity Pro (PCI Express version). Which version will last longer?

2) I have three cameras to capture from,
a) Sony HDR-XR520V (HDMI, NTSC),
b) Sony HDR-CX220 (HDMI, PAL)
c) Sony CCD-TRV67E (S-video, Video, PAL),
Which camera will be better to capture from. I will be broadcasting to PAL TV at standard definition.

3) Will the video exit from the Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card, have the final video produced from the VMix program or will I have to have an exit from my Geforce 670 graphics (two monitors).

4) Will the Blackmagic Intensity Pro have a conflict with my video card? Will I be able to have two monitors and the video output from the Intensity Pro?
Charssay  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:55:41 AM(UTC)
Charssay

1) Get an Internal PCI card always if you use desktop as your unit
2) The race of who is better depend of what your are doing and the scope of it. All of them can do the Job, but I will not use the last one if I'm You. Even if the second is not a pro model, it will give you a better quality image than the last one. Use what you have but if you can, change the last one by a more recent model in HDMI like Panasonic HC-V720 that equal with the HDR-XR520V so you can have a more equal balanced picture
3) can I know the equipement that will broadcast your feed ? Knowing that, you can know if the BM will be the final or use a convertissor after the BM. If your equipement can receive an HD Signal and convert it, is Ok. If Not, convert the BM out signal and send it to your equipement. Don't use the exit from your grafic card
4) normaly no issue and yes for the last question
C.
inkarpathos  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:26:07 AM(UTC)
inkarpathos

Thank a lot.

We will be rebroadcasting a TV station, which we are allocated 30 minutes a day for our news program. I'm going to set up a Green screen for the news room.

The last camera, is an old Camera that I have. The lens and picture quality is a lot better than the second one. Right now, I'm trying to use the items that I have. The final product will be for standard TV (PAL) and I figured, since I will not be broadcasting in HD, that it can do the job. Also I figure that the CPU usage will be a lot less.

The transmitter needs to have regular video and audio input. So basically I would need a device that will import the video from my camera. Use the program for 30 minutes a day for broadcasting the news, and then switch back to transmuting the channel. Unfortunate the PCI card will not work since it only has composite video.

Charssay  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 8:07:05 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Did you have already the PC as unit ready ?
If yes, wich kind of port did you have available ? PCi or PCI express ? Can I know your Motherboard ?
If you have 3 camera to get 3 different feed, you will need 3 capture card, or one that can get 3 feed at the same time.
Did you already have some capture card already in your Computer ?
inkarpathos  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:10:02 AM(UTC)
inkarpathos

No, I will only use one camera for the news. I only need one feed.

Mother Board
ASUSTek
P8Z77-VLX

CPU
i7 - 3770 CPU @ 3.4 GHz

Ram
16 GB

Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Hard Drives
2 - 128 GBytes SSD,
2 - 4 TByte

Operating System
Windows 7 (64 bit)

I will take other video that will be saved on my computer and PiP them with the speaker talking or fade them in.
Charssay  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:29:51 AM(UTC)
Charssay

In that case the problem is simple

Or

- you get a BM to have your external feed and convert it to have it in Analogic
- You get your xternal feed from your V.Card using a convertor over HDMI or DVI (be sur that the image is good)

To get your original feed from your cam, use your XR520V, so you will not need another capture card using the same BM for it

C.