logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccarollo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:24:03 PM(UTC)
ccarollo

Groups: Registered

Is it possible for the vMix Virtual Capture Device to include the mixed audio from all my streams? vMix does a good job of mixing audio between my different sources, and the Virtual Capture is great for sending that directly to Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder...except that it doesn't include my mixed audio. Is this supported?

Even with the DeckLink Renderer option, it looks like it wants to output a specific audio input, rather than the audio mix that I'm previewing withing vMix. What exactly is the correct workflow for using vMix to mix audio while it's mixing all my video sources?
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:03:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Most sound cards will provide the option to record everything that is playing in vMix. This is the recommended approach to mixing the audio for Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder etc.
Under Windows 7 this option will usually be called "Stereo Mix" or "What u hear" under the audio selection box in FMLE.

If it is not visible, sometimes it is hidden in the control panel:

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Go to Sound.
3. Under the Recording tab right click anywhere and click "Show Disabled Devices"
4. Right click the Stereo Mix option and select Enable.

There should now be an option for Wave or "Stereo Mix" you can enable and use in vMix.