logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Murchik  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:10:38 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Groups: Registered
Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
3.png (1,101kb) downloaded 5 time(s). 4.png (777kb) downloaded 4 time(s). 2.png (1,563kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 1.png (1,724kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 5.png (3,570kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 6.png (3,910kb) downloaded 1 time(s).Hello to all! I haven’t written anything here for a long time ... either I’m always confused by this ... or I stopped noticing and learned to bypass the shortcomings.
BUT. I thought everything myself would do it - but no.
In the multi view, we select the necessary overlays and build a composition - and then the trouble! Everywhere where work with assignment and assignment of inputs is available - there is an opportunity to assign an empty input and when a video becomes in its place - there will be an automatic substitution for all dependent commands (like on the example of screenshots) EXCEPT multi view! How terribly inconvenient it is when you have a permanent frame, but the video in it always changes and you need to hell every time you need to re-insert the video in all places!And how it would be convenient if I assigned the entry number and when the video appeared there it was entered where the number was assigned itself!
You have very successfully implemented in this plan triggers, Console binding and shortcut keys. And then the trouble is simple - there is not enough binding to the entrance for complete happiness.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:37:03 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi!

it's not very clear what you're talking about but I think I understood... Maybe not ?

You can build your multiviews with "blank" inputs with fixed input numbers. Call each of these special inputs "overlay1" "overlay2" and so on
First it will show black/empty areas but they will show in the overlay selector for the multiview

But then you can assign your videos as an overlay for these blank inputs using the command SetMultiviewOverlay.
As soon as you do that, the chosen video will appear in the multiview

Repeat the operation for each overlay and your multiview is done.

When using this technic, you don't have to modify your multiview anymore. It's always the same. You just have to update on the fly the source inputs that are used in the multiview. The main advantage is that you can do this by triggers.

I do this all the time for "live switching overlays" within my multiviews. I can control everything live using shortcuts.

Hope this helps... If I didn't address your problem, please try to explain better what you're talking about.

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
rowby on 10/27/2018(UTC)
JAIRODJ  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:59:28 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
@DWAM Hi

It is a very good idea what is suggested.
But the inputs only turn on and off with direct cut ... cold

1.- It would be possible to add transitions to each entry in the multiview, so that the composition is more dynamic.

2.- add the in / out behavior of the xaml graphics (as they do in overlay) when turning on and off the multiview entries.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:06:32 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
It would be possible to add transitions to each entry in the multiview, so that the composition is more dynamic.

As I always say, be smart and you can have transitions for each of the 10 overlays inside a multiview. There's everything required to do this in vMix already!
If I can do it, it's possible and I can do it! ;o)

OTOH, 95% of live production and TV is based on cuts.

Guillaume