logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wtmuradiotv  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:16:49 AM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is there anyone talented enough to somehow come up with a lower third that i can use to retrieve

or xml template The-Essential-Music-Video-Credits-Format-Guide-MTV-Chyron-Look-StudioBinder-Production-Management-Software.jpg (227kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Speegs  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:08:30 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
From what data source? May not be really hard, but that is very dependent on where the data is coming from and if there is a nice way to get the data.

Suggest you make your own lower third how you want it. Maybe exactly like your example above.

Then write a script that gets the information from "somewhere" and sends it to Vmix via the API. If you want to write the script in Vmix, you need the 4k version or higher.

Otherwise look at some of the "Now Playing" power shell scripts in this forum. I built one that got the name of the file playing, but others have extended it for their own purposes which is exactly why I gave it away for free :)
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:25:42 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Besides that this topic seems not to be a specific Feature request, I am pretty sure what wtmuradiotv wants have been discuess (and solved). Just search the Forum.
Speegs  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:13:50 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I think Vmix could improve how data sources work such that variables like "Playing {datasource.currentrow.column1} by {datasource.currentrow.column2}" could be dropped into any XAML. Maybe that should be the feature request. Data sources are really connectable, but formatting the data into titles without using the API not so easy. (unless I missed some update it's been a while since I posted in the forums).

Essentially XAML template options/variables.

You are right, the original message is a feature request, but more a howto request, oh and someone do it for me please :)