logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bamboo  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 4:56:30 PM(UTC)
Bamboo

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I maxed out all of my overlays, and I want to have some small promo images fade in as a layer during an interview and then fade out. I do this with my Lower Thirds, but since there are only 4 overlays, I feel as if I am missing something.

I want the city and state to slide in and out during some Vmix Call sessions, and I want to have the small promo blocks appear for 15 seconds then fade during my interviews. I want to do all of this with triggers. I have had to have someone at the master control, and then use the overlay buttons (1,2,3,4) to pop in the above while at the same time one of the overlays is used for a Lower Third.

What am I missing? I am sure there is a way to do this somehow, but I am new to triggers and still figuring all of this out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:42:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Use multiviews (with 10 layers) for titles that don't need transitions in order to keep overlays 1-4 available for others things.

Or use shortcuts to program your inputs selections and associate them with the desired transitions.

Or check vMix competitors and realize that vMix offers more natively in terms of layers and for a much cheaper price than them. Even the most professional hardware solutions costing 10 times more only have 4 DSks

Or buy an external titler software

Guillaume
thanks 2 users thanked DWAM for this useful post.
mjgraves on 9/25/2018(UTC), doggy on 9/25/2018(UTC)
wtmuradiotv  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:46:03 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Use multiviews (with 10 layers) for titles that don't need transitions in order to keep overlays 1-4 available for others things.

Or use shortcuts to program your inputs selections and associate them with the desired transitions.

Or check vMix competitors and realize that vMix offers more natively in terms of layers and for a much cheaper price than them. Even the most professional hardware solutions costing 10 times more only have 4 DSks

Or buy an external titler software

Guillaume

why not make more overlays on the program simply put the program is lacking stuff that should be added when updating whatever you guys are updating seems to me vmix is holding back on lots of stuff that should be already incorporated as in software don't get me wrong its a great software but by now it should have lot more features not relying on other software to do its job as a production software
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:44:47 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
@wtmuradiotv Live production has always been a matter of using several equipments to build a complete workflow. And a team work...
vMix has reduced this concept a lot already but there are limits and constraints to everything.

And your keyboard also has a lot more features, things like dots and commas or capital letters for example. ;)
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
doggy on 9/25/2018(UTC)
mjgraves  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:42:38 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
At first, a craftsman learns to use the tools as they find them. Once those tools are no longer sufficient to the task at hand, you'll be well and truly able to make the case for new tools.

Your suggestions to change the software won't get any traction until you have shown a certain mastery of its existing capabilities.