logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankolv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:26:53 PM(UTC)
frankolv

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
we use ATEM TV studio for switching and vMix for replays.

Boxing

Ice Hockey

Futsal
?t=2m12s

And this broadcast was produced only with vMix
thanks 1 user thanked frankolv for this useful post.
HighViewSport on 1/2/2014(UTC)
sbpromotion  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:26:06 PM(UTC)
sbpromotion

Man

Hi !

Impressive by your replay ! Great !
Looking for doing that by don't know how. Can you explain how you do that and your set up ?

Doing live for bocce. Here is my set up (one photo when live streaming for a Mondial -18 et -23 in France)

3 cameras go to the ATEM, using for switching. Streaming and recording via USB output using mXlight.

1 PC go to the ATEM to, using vMix for incrustations. Had a camera too go to PC via firewire for shoot the scoreboard and show on live using the upstream key. Soon input the sound of a little sound control ((hope so : the "sound control" go to the PC via USB and the PC go to the ATEM via HDMI).

But I imagine this is not your organisation for active replay on live ?

Thanks for help.

Chris
asvtv  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 6:06:22 AM(UTC)
asvtv

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Really nice replays ! I agree with sbpromotion ! Could you explain us how do you realize those replays playlist with VMIX ? Do you have a video delays on each camera ? How do you prepare these delays for live ? Thanks for the info !
Your stinger is also great :D
asvtv  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 6:18:23 AM(UTC)
asvtv

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Also, how did you create the animated overlay on this video :

at 45:09 ?

Thanks
sbpromotion  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 9:15:34 AM(UTC)
sbpromotion

Man

Quote:
1 PC go to the ATEM to, using vMix for incrustations. Had a camera too go to PC via firewire for shoot the scoreboard and show on live using the upstream key. Soon input the sound of a little sound control ((hope so : the "sound control" go to the PC via USB and the PC go to the ATEM via HDMI). But I imagine this is not your organisation for active replay on live ?

One idea with this organisation : using one SDI output on the Atem and enter in the PC using vMix (via intensity or others card) for capture the live and using vMix for activate "replay" on the live via selecting the PC input on the ATEM ?
r@wisla  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 12:16:28 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
sbpromotion wrote:
One idea with this organisation : using one SDI output on the Atem and enter in the PC using vMix (via intensity or others card) for capture the live and using vMix for activate "replay" on the live via selecting the PC input on the ATEM ?

I don't know how they do it, but there is a huge inconvenience in solution you suggest: you can do replay only this, what you gave live. You can't do instant replay from camera you didn't broadcast live.

If you want to do replay no matter what you showed live, it should be done this way:

Two video outputs each camera, one goes to ATEM, second to vMIX. vMix PC needs the same number of inputs as the number of cameras + video output. vMix PC outputs to ATEM as another video source. When you want replay you switch (on ATEM) to vMix.

You need to be carefull and set the same resolution, framerate and probably video type (interlaced / progressive) on every camera and vMix output(!).

You also need to reasonably plan, how to make two video outputs each camera. It all depends what are the cameras, what are their outputs (HDMI or SDI). The most elegant solution would be SDI videohub, like Blackmagic Micro Videohub ($1,5K).
sbpromotion  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:28:09 PM(UTC)
sbpromotion

Man

Quote:
I don't know how they do it, but there is a huge inconvenience in solution you suggest: you can do replay only this, what you gave live. You can't do instant replay from camera you didn't broadcast live.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Actually, making "basic" live with "low cost" solutions (cameras are Canon HF56) so only HDMI. My first objectif is effectively doing only replay what I gave live (and if possible, slowly replay).
Then, when I can buy better matériels, will think to do better things but you post is very instructive and I copy it for the future (and the future things I buy for be ready when I can do better).

Thanks again for advises. Chris