logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 10:46:38 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Today I stumbled upon one thing that for some strange reason I never noticed before.
The Input specified for a Trigger action is assigned to a specific Input number. So, if the Inputs are moved to another position, it is very likely that the wrong Input is used in the Trigger. Very bad, at least for me.

Therefore I request an option "Assign Trigger to Input Number", default enabled for backwards compatibility. Sort of the same option as already available for Shortcuts. (Although not for Input source to Fullscreen and External Outputs, but that's another old and neglected Feature request).
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 11:46:29 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Or assign it to its GUID
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:22:22 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

How would I do that? There is only a drop-down selection in the choice of Input when one is adding a Trigger.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 3:07:59 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

When digging further I realize this is perhaps not e request for what I asked about - but rather a bug/unexpected behavior.

It turns out that when the Trigger is added, the chosen Input is not by its number, but the actual Input. But when one wants to Edit a trigger by selecting it, then the Inpput in the Edit field becomes what now is in the Input position that the Input one is editing originally had. Not sure if you follow me, but maybe someone can confirm or correct me.

Thanks.

(in any case the option to chooce/not by Input number might be useful.
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 2:11:40 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
That's why I suggested the option to use the input GUID rather than the input number.
I mean you would still select inputs by their names, but you could choose whether this particular trigger is effective for an input number (thus any input that has this position in the UI) OR a specific input no matter where it is in the input area...

We had the same problem when UTC was first released (only input number so as soon as you added an input in vMix, UTC was lost). I convinced Elgarf to use GUIDs instead so that we can move inputs as we want in vMix without breaking UTC's presets.

Here we would need a checkbox option to tick. For triggers, I think GUID should be the default behaviour but when ticking the checkbox we could define triggers on input numbers too.

Guillaume

PS : AFAIK, the input number = the input position