logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevespaw  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 10:47:35 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
The industry standard here for College sports is StatCrew and DakStats.
They export realtime XML to scoring and stat systems for Scoreboards and Broadcast TV.
I would not try to reinvent the wheel but to use the same xml standards that they use.

https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/products/software-and-controllers/sport-software/statcrew-interface

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?108290-Datalink-and-XML

https://suitecg.com/cgstatlink-lite-football/

https://www.live-score-app.com/userguide/statcrew

https://www.prestosports.com/services/stats_entry/overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAWVIkS_UPI

If there was a UTC setup to bring in this data That would be a HUGE deal.

Here are a few links

Steve

Ikovacevic  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:19:00 AM(UTC)
Ikovacevic

Siroki,

your PM inbox is full so I have send you an e-mail

lp

Ivan Kovacevic

Siroki wrote:
Hi everyone,
me and my friend are trying to make web based controller for basketball primary but also update it for other sports.
The program would have all needed parts to make profesional production with graphics from vMix and stats, player list, match stats etc that is the idea.

Now I need some informations because I don't know whats the best way to do this:
- What does program need to output? (xml, csv, rss etc)
- What is correct for example xml path to pull data, how to set it up in vMix (how to setup certain title to pull player name from specific XML part, player height from another XML part etc)

It would be great if someone could write me or put some useful info about this.

We are planing to make app that will be online and that exports data like 3 points stats 1/2, 1/3, 2/4 etc for each player fouls, free throws, name.. Match stats and everything that needs to be shown in profi production.

We will try to make most useful app for low money, based online, with login for each user and with database for player lists and teams so user can take same names from teams and just check which players are in first team and what are on bench etc. so if you are broadcasting some league you dont need to enter names every match

Every help would be great because this could be good solution for everyone here.
If @elgarf can help also would be great to connect everything. This app from us would be useful because of stats.

Thank you
Best regards

Siroki  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:31:14 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Ikovacevic wrote:
Siroki,

your PM inbox is full so I have send you an e-mail

lp

Ivan Kovacevic

Javim ti se mailom, lakse je

lp
ZachSchuster  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:31:33 PM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Steve mentioned CGStatLink in his post, which I totally appreciate!

However, as of 9/5/2018 the CGStatLink products have been discontinued unless you need XML automation for football or baseball. SuiteCG MultiSport Scoreboard is here to be a one-stop shop for NDI, XML, or CSV sports graphics. You can download the product here: https://suitecg.com/multisport-scoreboard/

We have NDI-based graphics pre-built and free to use for football/soccer, American football, basketball, and baseball/softball. More than just a scorebug, we have an entire graphics package for matchup, final, stats, keys to the game, etc...

You can see a showcase of the American football graphics package here: https://suitecg.com/2018/07/23/american-football-graphics-package-for-suitecg-multisport-scoreboard/

The program is such that there are pre-built templates for sports, as well as a generic interface for designing your own sport controls with large, touchscreen-friendly buttons.

It's advised to run it on a separate computer, but if you had a Windows tablet next to you the large buttons make it easier to multitask.

Zach
SuiteCG
Siroki  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 4:39:58 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

ZachSchuster wrote:
Steve mentioned CGStatLink in his post, which I totally appreciate!

However, as of 9/5/2018 the CGStatLink products have been discontinued unless you need XML automation for football or baseball. SuiteCG MultiSport Scoreboard is here to be a one-stop shop for NDI, XML, or CSV sports graphics. You can download the product here: https://suitecg.com/multisport-scoreboard/

We have NDI-based graphics pre-built and free to use for football/soccer, American football, basketball, and baseball/softball. More than just a scorebug, we have an entire graphics package for matchup, final, stats, keys to the game, etc...

You can see a showcase of the American football graphics package here: https://suitecg.com/2018/07/23/american-football-graphics-package-for-suitecg-multisport-scoreboard/

The program is such that there are pre-built templates for sports, as well as a generic interface for designing your own sport controls with large, touchscreen-friendly buttons.

It's advised to run it on a separate computer, but if you had a Windows tablet next to you the large buttons make it easier to multitask.

Zach
SuiteCG

Thank you
I will install and try your software. But for me its quite expensive to pay 250$ just for 1 year licence.
I do not want to underestimate someone's work in any case.

And another thing is that you don't have Handball sport graphics. There is no Team list preview, Coaches, there is no subs grahpics(or I didn't see it). Hope there will be update soon.

Is there option to change graphics in your software?

Best regards
Ario  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:17:31 AM(UTC)
Ario

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Siroki,

sounds like a great initiative.
Since I am producing a lot of basketball streams, I would be interested if the so-called TV Feed from the Fiba LiveStats v7 software, could be read (JSON) and then be translated into real-time stats.
See some info via
https://support.geniussp...-run-tv-feed-diagnostics
and similar pages by Genius Sports.

I would appreciate any progress or advice on this.
Siroki  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:46:57 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Ario wrote:
Hi Siroki,

sounds like a great initiative.
Since I am producing a lot of basketball streams, I would be interested if the so-called TV Feed from the Fiba LiveStats v7 software, could be read (JSON) and then be translated into real-time stats.
See some info via
https://support.geniussp...-run-tv-feed-diagnostics
and similar pages by Genius Sports.

I would appreciate any progress or advice on this.

You can read already fiba TV feed but you need to pay for that to get tv feed option. You can read over data source XML of live stats from fiba. You have examples on this forum

We are trying to make something similar like fiba stats but more simple, just with few stats like 3pts, 2pts, 1 pts, fouls, rebounds and option to add that for each player in database. But not sure will we be able to make that :)

Best regards
Siroki  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:59:55 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Guys I need help for best app for everyone!

It will not be a problem to make controler for stats, teamlist, export etc..

Problem is how to output that on right way to be able to import in UTC.

I am thinking in this way:

- XAML title/input for player in vMix
- In UTC widget list with table (No|Name and surname|points|fouls) also option for (3pts|0/0|2pts|0/0|FT|0/0)
- Drop down list of every player of each team

- Web based APP to export XML to fill all data for example:
4|Michael Jordan|13p|2f

So when changing player in list it shows different stats!

Beside that in web app near every player options:
FT red/green (free throws)
2pts red/green
3pts red/green
Fouls +/-
Rebounds +/-
TO +/- (turnovers)

When operater clicks 2pts red button near player it will add 0/1 for 2pts for that player and team stat 0/1
When operator clicks 2pts green button near player it will add 1/2 for 2pts for that player and team stat 1/2 and also add +2 points on main score

Also operater can see official fiba stats (if there is one) and see if there is some mistake and edit for example fouls or rebounds, turnovers with +/- buttons to be sure that stats are ok.

Also stats of every player will go on main stats part and count % for example:

3/6 50% 3pts 50% 2/4
1/2 50% 2pts 50% 5/10
5/5 100% FT 50% 6/12

Hope that you understand what I mean.

I think this is easy to use control and there is no need for special skills of basketball rules because you can check everything in fiba official stats and edit your stats.

I need help from someone who knows best output format in XML to be easy used in UTC external data with widget list of players.
Is this possible in the way that I wrote above?
Does someone have some more suggestions? Ideas?

Every help/idea would be great!

@corporatejames
I see you have also some asp software that you made by your own. Can youjust send example of what are you exporting, what is your output that you pull to UTC, is that XML, excel, csv or something else?

Thanks

Siroki  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 2:53:40 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi everyone
Maybe we can skip UTC in this because vMix has datasource option? Did not use it yet. Maybe we can make everything in our stat controller, just add below buttons for lower thirds, scoreboard, stats, halftime etc and control them like UTC controls inputs in vMix!? So there is no need to switch between UTC and stat controller

If this is possible we can make on each player button FILL or SHOW to fill special output to show player stats and then below on lower thirds buttons play that live. So every move in basketball controller would be enough to control vMix inputs. Everything would be made over vMix input DataSource option except for example time and 24sec which can be done over Scoreboard OCR
Siroki  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 5:26:07 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I made responsive html example what I was writing above, hope you'll understand:

[img][/img]
Siroki attached the following image(s):
basketball-stat.jpg (71kb) downloaded 43 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Siroki  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 6:06:53 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I add some more things like quarters and team fouls:
Siroki attached the following image(s):
basketball-stat1.jpg (90kb) downloaded 29 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Siroki  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:55:29 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Admin please remove this Topic

Thx
Best regards