logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 12:35:50 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Is it possible for an operator on the same local network to set up stream 2 and 3? Reason for this is my main operator does most of the work, and is taxed to the max, and we do free Twitter/Youtube/FB previews of the games in intermissions, but the main operator simply doesn't have the time to set up the stream (since FB is involved, it has to be manual RTMP, Key type set up). Its a relatively simple thing, I'm aware, but it would take the burden off the primary operator if someone on the same network could set it up for the main one during the game. Any thoughts to how I'd do this aside from them both sharing the same keyboard and mouse, which isn't practical in my setup.
niemi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:30:40 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Yes, you can do this by enabling NDI-output of vMix 1 and take it as an NDI-input on vMix 2.

You can also do SDI out of vMix 1 to an HD-SDI input on vMix 2 if you have the right capture cards on both machines.

Using NDI here does make more sense though unless you prefer SDI and already have the capture cards hardware in place.
niemi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:54:55 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
You could also stream to a service like restream on vMix 1, and have one dedicated for handling the stream forwarding to the different channels.
TuesdaysLive  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:19:09 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Quote:
we do free Twitter/Youtube/FB previews of the games in intermissions

From what you've written, it sounds like you wish to start and stop these previews separately from the whole of a program that is continued to be streamed to other locations (at least 1 location). While it is possible to do such a thing with Restream.io, using a "subscription" feature of the service that would allow one to start and stop the streaming encoders each time a destination is added/changed.
Additional information, from Restream.io, can be read at this link: https://support.restream.io/restream-tools-and-features/extra-features/real-time-platform-channel-toggling

If you know the configuration of each location you wish to stream to ahead of time, you could always use shortcuts to start/stop them. This method would allow you to have a second operator, using something as simple as a web browser connection (over the local LAN, or, a bit more complicated, the Internet at large), to start and stop such stream connections during the 'intermissions'.
spencerm24  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 4:27:51 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
TuesdaysLive wrote:
Quote:
we do free Twitter/Youtube/FB previews of the games in intermissions

From what you've written, it sounds like you wish to start and stop these previews separately from the whole of a program that is continued to be streamed to other locations (at least 1 location). While it is possible to do such a thing with Restream.io, using a "subscription" feature of the service that would allow one to start and stop the streaming encoders each time a destination is added/changed.
Additional information, from Restream.io, can be read at this link: https://support.restream.io/restream-tools-and-features/extra-features/real-time-platform-channel-toggling

If you know the configuration of each location you wish to stream to ahead of time, you could always use shortcuts to start/stop them. This method would allow you to have a second operator, using something as simple as a web browser connection (over the local LAN, or, a bit more complicated, the Internet at large), to start and stop such stream connections during the 'intermissions'.

That's exactly what I want to do. I have my main stream as Stream 1, and Periscope as stream 2. Periscope is easy enough to change the post, for example it might say "1st Intermission" in the periscope and takes a half second to make that say "2nd" but facebook is what makes it labour intensive, as I have to do it manually by entering the RTMP and Key and go live on facebook.

I was hoping there was a way this second operator can enter the credentials to FB and change the Periscope settings so all the main op has to do is click "start 2/3" and we are off to the races. I will look into restream, it might be as close as I can get.