logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpratchett  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:56:59 PM(UTC)
jpratchett

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi vmixers

Thought I'd share a little success I had last week while running the Omen Pubg Challenge live stream from gamescom.
I had a vmix 4k machine cutting up inputs from PC's running the game. I wanted the operator to be able to clip out the best shots
for our editor to compile a "best of" video at the end of each day. the replay system in vmix was the ideal thing for doing this.
However the challenge I had was that as soon as the button is clicked to create a clip, it would record everything up to the point that
the button was press (lets say 20 sec) and then stop. What we want is the casters reactions to the shot as well, so although the operator would see a great kill and press the button we really wanted the recording to catch the next 10 secs after the button had been pressed as well. I also wanted vmix to immediately export the clip to a drive for out editor to pick up. SO the ideal would be to create a x-keys shortcut that would fire 10 seconds after it was pressed and create a 20 second clip, thus capturing the 10 sec lead up and 10 secs after the kill.

I could find no obvious what to do this, so i got creative, and it was easy. Let me know if there is an easier way, but the bellow worked perfectly and if this is new and is usefull let me know :)

1: Create a transparent color input
2: using shortcut, record a vmix key being pressed and make sure it is set to ' midi on'
3: have the shortcut overlay the transparent
4: duplicate the shortcut, edit it to 'midi off'
5: have the duplicated shortcut take the overlay off

Now you have created a shortcut that will momentarily activate a transparent overlay. Why? because now you can use that inputs triggers to
do anything you want and of course triggers allow delay :)

so I did the following:

1: overlayIn, Function= ReplayMarkInOutLive (20 sec) Delay 10000ms
What the above does is create a 20 sec event 10 seconds after the overlay goes in

2: overlayOut, Function= ReplayExportLastEvent
What the above does is export the newley created event to the hard drive

Job done :)

This may not be new, but I could find now documentation or posts on this, so thought I would write it down. Can be used for delaying all sorts of actions if needed.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Jon Pratchett
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:09:10 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
create a blank video, on completion = your delayed shortcuts. You can also change the mark out markers to change the delay duration.
jpratchett  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:31:09 PM(UTC)
jpratchett

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yes, but wouldn’t you push that blank video to air ? Unless you did it as an overlay. By utilising
A simple transparent colour input, you have complete flexibility to the millisecond by adjusting the
Delay in the triggers.

An option of putting a delay in a shortcut would be great though :)

Jon