logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rosswece  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:01:41 AM(UTC)
rosswece

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone,

Our organization has used Wirecast for our streaming for some time now, but we've been debating a switch to vMix. We've been experimenting with a trial version for a few days. We had a question as to the suggested/optimial settings to use for best results on the user-end of the stream? We've noticed in our testing that our graphics lose significant quality when outputted from vMix as opposed to what we see from Wirecast. We're assuming we're missing some setting in vMix somewhere, but we're not sure what it might be. I've included screenshots of the end user product from both Wirecast and vMix, as well as images of our stream settings in both. Thanks to everyone for any help you can offer!
rosswece attached the following image(s):
vmix settings.jpg (657kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
wirecast settings.jpg (781kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Wirecast Output.jpg (255kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
vMix Output.jpg (248kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:02:31 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi and welcome to the vMix community

First I'm sure you can use the search feature to find interesting advices from the community as the 2 questions you ask have been addressed thousands of times already.

In short :

- make sure to create your graphics at the same resolution as your vMix project: i.e. if your project is 1080, all your graphics must be 1920x1080 PNGs with alpha transparency. Never use scaling for graphics.

- if you want to learn and understand how to set your FFMPEG encoder for best results, check:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264

- make sure to understand the difference between FFMPEG using lib264 or NVENC (if you own an nVidia graphic card)

if you just want to copy and paste settings you don't understand, I have nothing for you, the internet is full of crappy tutorials and again this forum is a goldmine for advices. Take some time to read it

Have fun!
Guillaume