logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rossif76  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:14:27 PM(UTC)
rossif76

Groups: Registered

Why can I not use Video Delay or Instant Replay functions with a Browser window? Is there any workaround for this, and regardless, is this a feature that could be changed in the near term? The function for me is that we will be broadcasting shows akin to NFL RedZone, in which we will whip around different Division 3 College Football games (with proper permission), but we might need to "tape delay"/"time shift" certain highlights if we're watching one game while something major happens in another. As such, this function would be highly desired.

(Note: I'm aware that replay can be used for outputs, so I could name the Browser input window as an output and replay it as such, but this likely eats resources and is clumsy -- and video delay can't similarly do it even with the extra step. Yet, it tells me the architecture exists that would allow a non-camera input to be recorded or time-shifted directly.)

- Frank
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:44:40 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Set output 3 or 4 as your browser input, and then setup instant replay to ingest those outputs as inputs. Then you are able to setup 2 inputs of these at least. It does not take up excessive resources.
rossif76  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:41:46 PM(UTC)
rossif76

stigaard wrote:
Set output 3 or 4 as your browser input, and then setup instant replay to ingest those outputs as inputs. Then you are able to setup 2 inputs of these at least. It does not take up excessive resources.

While this may work, it's not exactly the best-case scenario. If I have 8 games lined up in browser Inputs, I'd have to constantly go into my main setup to switch what I'm replaying. In addition, the function that is more needed in this situation is Video Delay since 30-second lookbacks would be sufficient instead of eating up hard drive space with Instant Replay. It doesn't make sense why non-camera inputs can't make DIRECT use of Replay and Delay. Appreciate your response, though.