logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvphobic  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 8:13:06 PM(UTC)
jvphobic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I am using a Teradek Bond to stream to their Core service where I then use Vmix to pull down the stream via TCP Pull option. I have noticed with the recent update that when the signal gets choppy and drops from the Bond (from poor cell signal usually) that Vmix will throw up an error that says "External component has thrown an exception". And Vmix will continue to run until I click the close button when it all comes crashing down.

I am unsure if this is a change with Vmix or not in a recent update. I haven't seen this amount of crashing in the past, although it has happened before.

Any thoughts?
jvphobic attached the following image(s):
Capture.JPG (27kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 10:14:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Please submit a support report from Settings -> About and drop us an email to info@vmix.com.au

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
Barney Box Lane  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:19:56 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
do you need UDP? so it drops packets - if the signal is choppy then it's being stored in your ram and eventually crashing, when it's smooth it has nothing to store or buffer, and when it's UDP it has nothing to store or buffer. TCP is how you send to Fb and YouTube so that the recording plays back every frame smoothly even where it dipped during live play out - and the delay gets more and more through a stream because it's waiting for everything, just like vmix is doing when your signal is choppy
jvphobic  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:44:22 PM(UTC)
jvphobic

Barney Box Lane wrote:
do you need UDP? so it drops packets - if the signal is choppy then it's being stored in your ram and eventually crashing, when it's smooth it has nothing to store or buffer, and when it's UDP it has nothing to store or buffer. TCP is how you send to Fb and YouTube so that the recording plays back every frame smoothly even where it dipped during live play out - and the delay gets more and more through a stream because it's waiting for everything, just like vmix is doing when your signal is choppy

I will submit a report as well.

So, you are saying that RTSP over UDP might help out with that rather than TCP Pull? I might have to try that, I have always just used TCP Pull not really knowing the difference. I might have to make some Core settings changes and test that out.
jvphobic  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:02:26 PM(UTC)
jvphobic

Well, I was able to pull from my Sputnik Server an RTSP UDP stream. I am hoping that will be more reliable than the TCP Pull that was causing all the errors. Would that reduce CPU usage at all, or no effect?