logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toastbh  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:23:42 PM(UTC)
toastbh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I wanted to show a recent stream from an esports org that I do production for. We run entirely online tournaments and work remotely. vMix has been the single largest upgrade to our workflow in the three years this group has been around. We use vMix 4k for the instant replay function and the vMix call function.

I handle all of the video switching, overlay timing, and replay stuff locally - controlled with an Akai APC mini. For the actual score overlay and bracket I have someone based out of the UK handling that through the Universal Title Controller. We use vMix social to pull twitter comments following a hashtag to populate a ticker. The majority of the animations are made with After Effects, exported as png sequences and overlayed with .xaml titles for additional functionality.

We pull in the commentary through vMix call for the video and use a discord channel with a virtual audio cable for the audio. Unfortunately getting the angles and spacing right with our casters isn't really super functional with the set, but we do the best we can.

I think that mostly covers the break down of how it's all set up. Here's a link to the actual VOD, and a screenshot of what the workflow looks like on a more laid back day.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/296177056
toastbh attached the following image(s):
DfyCiVyWsAEoBIj.jpg (265kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked toastbh for this useful post.
SportsNetUSA.net on 8/13/2018(UTC)