logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JimJacobs  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 11:07:35 PM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I’ve been putting together what I think will most likely be the most complete sports-oriented XKeys control surface ever created. It consist of Two XKE 128 panels, a XKE 68 JogShuttle for replays and a XKE 124 T-Bar...and there’s not hardly any key blockers in it at all. However, in doing this project I’ve found several shortcuts and even more activators that I feel are missing.

Shortcuts and activators for master Overlay control (those under the T-bar in the middle of the screen

A Shortcut that provides for a NDICommand AnimateIn and on next press AnimateOut. Currently, it takes two keys, both with no activator NDICommand signaling available to execute a NewBlueFX graphic animation in, then animate out. So 20 animated graphic clips takes 40keys to 3xecute.....WASTEFUL and not necessary.

Activators for NDI Command functions. Right now, you can’t light a key when you execute a NDI AnimateIn or turn it off on AnimateOut for NewBlueFX graphics, so you have no way to signal yourself when a graphic is active.

There’s more, but I’ll stop here. Hopefully others will pick up on this thread, +1 and add other needed shortcuts and activators.

vMix spoils you because it does so many fantastic things that when you can’t make it do what appears to be basic stuff, it’s frustrating.
ovinas  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:33:10 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
JimJacobs wrote:
...There’s more, but I’ll stop here. Hopefully others will pick up on this thread, +1 and add other needed shortcuts and activators...

Or you could pick up threads that already exist...
https://forums.vmix.com/...aspx?g=posts&t=14287
Barney Box Lane  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 8:49:01 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I think we've got the most sophisticated sports orientated set up ever, that thing were you wrote wasteful in capitals were already doing )
shortcuts for the overlays are already there and you can have a light come on but not using xkeys