logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
datguyrob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 7:54:46 PM(UTC)
datguyrob

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm not sure if my topic makes sense....let me bring it around this way (walk with me on this):

I am using two PC's (PC-A & PC-B), one PC is used to stream (PC-A) and another PC to record (PC-B).
- with PC-A, I have two capture cards installed with cameras connected via HDMI and one of them I'm using the audio as the master audio.

- with PC-B, I have one capture card installed with another camera connected via HDMI. I want to use the video output of this camera as an NDI input to PC-A, add it to my production adding the audio generated from PC-A.

The output from PC-A will be used to stream.

At the same time on PC-B, I want to import the output from PC-A via NDI to PC-B and use that output on PC-B to just record.

Again, I want to do all this using the master audio from PC-A. Now I understand that I can import audio. Whenever I merge, fade or cut into the video input I get from PC-B, I get nothing. All other inputs work fine as expected. Not sure what I am missing or left out. I could certainly use some help. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Thanks in advance!
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:49:23 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Disable automatic mixing of audio for all inputs on PC-A with the Green and Orange Arrow button. Just make sure that only the input your audio is coming from is used no matter which input is on air.

Check the manual : https://www.vmix.com/help21/Mixer.html

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
datguyrob on 8/8/2019(UTC)