logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rinaldo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:09:24 PM(UTC)
rinaldo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi all friends, I'm planning to buy 2x Blackmagic Ursa Broadcast with Atem Television Studio 4K.

Is there a way to connect vMix pc with the ATEM swicther for replay? If yes, how to do that? PCIe card on the pc is a Blackmagic Decklink Duo2.

Thanks
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 11:31:07 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I would think it's possible, if you can split your SDI feeds from the two cameras (via some size of Distribution Amps/Splitters/Matrix Switcher) so that they feed both the Atem and a couple of the inputs on the Decklink Duo to get them into vMix. Then use one of the Decklink outputs (normally Ch-1) as your external output from the vMix PC to send back to the Atem, and that gives you the two cameras plus the replay output as three inputs on the Atem. Is that what you were looking for?
rinaldo  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 4:10:49 PM(UTC)
rinaldo

Man

zenvideo wrote:
I would think it's possible, if you can split your SDI feeds from the two cameras (via some size of Distribution Amps/Splitters/Matrix Switcher) so that they feed both the Atem and a couple of the inputs on the Decklink Duo to get them into vMix. Then use one of the Decklink outputs (normally Ch-1) as your external output from the vMix PC to send back to the Atem, and that gives you the two cameras plus the replay output as three inputs on the Atem. Is that what you were looking for?

Yes that's what I'm looking for but the question is: If I use transition logo on the replay (called stinger in vMix) how can I switch to Ch-1? Can the ATEM switcher handle a transition image with alpha channel?
MartLeib  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:08:33 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
rinaldo wrote:
zenvideo wrote:

Yes that's what I'm looking for but the question is: If I use transition logo on the replay (called stinger in vMix) how can I switch to Ch-1? Can the ATEM switcher handle a transition image with alpha channel?

I use ATEM DSK, vMix outputs Key/Fill over SDI. DSK is on air all the time and vMix program output is always transparent (insured by triggers etc.) except when I play instant replay. PNG sequence stringer with transparency works flawlessly. In the video below I output GFX and Replay from single machine, that way I can set up triggers easily. If you have enough inputs, you can use two DSK-s, one for GFX and other for Instant Replay. This way you have dedicated 4ch Replay machine (which is awesome!) and separate GFX PC which can be controlled by another person. But it will consume 4 SDI inputs on your ATEM.

thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
rinaldo on 6/24/2018(UTC)
rinaldo  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 6:42:59 AM(UTC)
rinaldo

Man

I use ATEM DSK, vMix outputs Key/Fill over SDI. DSK is on air all the time and vMix program output is always transparent (insured by triggers etc.) except when I play instant replay. PNG sequence stringer with transparency works flawlessly. In the video below I output GFX and Replay from single machine, that way I can set up triggers easily. If you have enough inputs, you can use two DSK-s, one for GFX and other for Instant Replay. This way you have dedicated 4ch Replay machine (which is awesome!) and separate GFX PC which can be controlled by another person. But it will consume 4 SDI inputs on your ATEM.

How can you set vMix program out always transparent? And how exept instant replay?

I've set key/fill and ingest through SDI 7 and 8 and that works...