logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HighViewSport  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:05:32 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Thanks for such great software. Really impressed by your support to everyone and brilliant software.

I film sports games for teams. They then make games available for fans to see and use for video analysis.

I would be really keen to have the ability to create highlight clips during live recording.
Let me explain my thoughts:

Instead of using the video delay to save a 10,20 or 30 sec clip. Have a sort of media player be saving the the game to disc live on the fly. Then have the ability to scrub back while recording is going on. Example is scrub back to start of a soccer goal, mark and in point, move forward to end of goal and mark out point.
Then maybe hit a button the add the play list. Could even have the option to select a variety of play lists to add too. Also have ability to name that clip say 1st goal.

Could then have the ability to select play list of say "all goals" and play them out at half time or at end of game.
This way Vmix is referencing time code of in point and out point to find video and play it. Be cool to even record audio too and to control play back speed like video delay. This way we don't have to wait for delay to save if using a 30 sec delay. We would have pretty much instant access to the live video and create a replay quickly and add it to a play list for highlights later.

Extra bonus would be to reference same in and out points on all cameras if using multi-corder. We could select a replay of any camera angle related to those in/out points.
That would be cool!!! :)
Hope I made sense of this request.

Keep up the great work on the amazing software.
I will be upgrading to the HD version in next few days.

Cheers
Bryan
thanks 1 user thanked HighViewSport for this useful post.
Ernest Król on 11/12/2013(UTC)
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:01:05 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Bryan

Pretty good ideas and wishes but I suppose this will exceed the possibilities of vMix by far. Synchronizing 4 HD recordings, full time-shifting for all streams, moving header to mark in and out simultaneously - that sounds like a task for professional broadcast systems like NewTek, proMAZ or even EVS.

Don't get me wrong, I also would love to have features like that. But I think there are too many limits for a stable version.

Hey Martin, call me a liar and realize at least a few of the features.

Regards

Karsten
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:32:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Hi Bryan

Tagging a game what you are refering to I have done with the build in function of sports video analysis software, the markings are done live (or later) with preset specifics according to wishes with durations.
One would not even have to scrub for lets say a goal as the setting for a goal marker could have a prerolltime and duration already specified.
(did quick test using the Vmix external to be recorded and tagged in the coaching software)
Picking/filtering the sequences out later become very easy.
The trick could be to send these references back to vMix with some sort of script as the references related to the videosequences are in readable files or even creation of all or pecific sequences seperatly to be loaded in vMix or otherwise .

just a thought

Guy

HighViewSport  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:42:58 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks Karsten for your input and feedback. I understand. No harm in reaching for the sky. If you don't ask you will never receive :)

Also, Thank you Guy for your input.
This sports video analysis software sounds like a way forward. I would try do marking of clips or in my case goals, shots etc live.
Can I ask what software you use for this?
Sounds like you are saying set pre determined fields for each play. eg. for a goal set maybe a 20 sec before and 20 sec after you hit the goal button? Is that correct?
Can this software be running on same pc that is running vmix?

Cheers
Bryan
doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Bryan

Quote:
eg. for a goal set maybe a 20 sec before and 20 sec after you hit the goal button?

That is correct be it is setting a preroll time and total duration
One can go for set times or on off settings etc
Can create own panels
Its pretty flexible but also means one can make it as complex or extended as one wishes while while the use of it remains simple (live or afterwards)

from the help:

Quote:
Taggingis the action of creating a video index, a list of Eventsthat occur in the video.

Considerfor example a video that contains a soccer game; the video index could look like this:

Index Position Duration Event Type Player Team
Event #1 23 s 7 s Pass Defender Team A
Event #2 1 min 13s 7 s Free kick Striker Team B
... ... ... ... ...

The Position corresponds to the time in the video when the event occurred.
The Duration is a portion of the video when the events take place.
Event type, Pass and Team are Categories. Pass, Defender and Team A are the Values in each category.
An event is fully defined by the Position, Duration and the categories' Values.
It can be illustrated as follows:

Once you have created your index, you will be able to retrieve particular events. For example,
you may want to retrieve events that match the following criteria:

Team = Team A, i.e. all events of Team A
Event Type = Passand Team = Team A, i.e. all the passes of Team A

It is important to be aware that the Tagging module doesn't just tag instantaneous events such
as these examples, lengthy sections of video such as a team's ball possession can be tagged at
the same time as the passes and free-kicks taking place during that possession.

from "the list" of events you create the clips you want (one or multiple) and load them in vMix

As for running at the same time .. seems to yes but I currently have one issue . The version I posses does accept the vMix external as input, the new version (basic demo) does not and I am currently contacting support on this.

Drawback: not all that cheap with what you want included but then again you speak of "then make games available for fans to see and use for video analysis"

Guy

ps feel free to pm me, have been working with this software for more than 10 years and did my own "tricks" with it

thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
HighViewSport on 11/21/2013(UTC), Adriankey4 on 11/26/2013(UTC)
doyousee.me  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 6:09:57 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
maybe this can be made to work by using the api and some practice of the operator , combined with the delay option (you can use api to save determine the amount of time saved by the delay afaik)
maybe a usefull feature would be to be able to program into the api call to which playlist the recorded delay item should be added. (maybe it's already there, i haven't been experimenting a lot , too busy with my other work , anyone want to buy a small IT firm so i can start being a fulltime video-expert :) )

come think of it , this should be the solution for some ideas i had before, may i should post it as it's own feature request.

M@ik