logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wwdv  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:35:11 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
vMix is a fantastic piece of sofware for broadcasting church services and with a lot of options.
But I only need a few basic options and I have to run more programs at the same time, so I have to shrink the vMix window a bit.
It should be great if I could hide the buttons I don't need.
The standard basic interface is a litte bit to undressed.

Everytime when I start vMix I have to adjust the windows size and location.
It should be very nice if this settings where also saved in the presets.

My church service stream provider doesn't support flash streaming.
I am running WinXP and like to keep that so I have to use BlueIris or WME and choose vMix as video input.
But these programs can't find the vMix audio source.
It's very pitty that vMix hasn't a simple build in webcast server.

Jup  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:57:46 AM(UTC)
Jup

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Have you considered running 2 monitors? It makes multitasking live much easier!
Egriswold  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:31:20 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
@wwdv
I am surprised your CDN doesn't support flash. I don't know of any that don't.
Yes it would be nice to activate or deactivate interface features. Can't imagine the coding nightmare that would be :-)
I would recommend getting a higher resolution monitor, this would give you more pixel room.
Also to get other programs to see vMix audio output, if you have a SoundBlaster audio card (which are cheap) you could use there "what you hear feature" as input to other programs.
And as the built in server part, with WME you have that ability already. Just set it up for a "Pull" then any computers running windows media player can be pointed to your IP address.
The first thing you will find with this is it will greatly effect your systems performance as just a few systems source the stream.
wwdv  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:07:30 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Egriswold wrote:
@wwdv
I am surprised your CDN doesn't support flash. I don't know of any that don't.
Yes it would be nice to activate or deactivate interface features. Can't imagine the coding nightmare that would be :-)

An added 'standard' interface that only hide the buttons in the bottom will also do the trick.
Windows does remember the windows size and position of almost all software except vmix, it always start at the middle of the primary monitor with a fixed size, thats easy to fix.

Egriswold wrote:
@wwdv
I would recommend getting a higher resolution monitor, this would give you more pixel room.
Also to get other programs to see vMix audio output, if you have a SoundBlaster audio card (which are cheap) you could use there "what you hear feature" as input to other programs.
And as the built in server part, with WME you have that ability already. Just set it up for a "Pull" then any computers running windows media player can be pointed to your IP address.
The first thing you will find with this is it will greatly effect your systems performance as just a few systems source the stream.

I am working with a 19" monitor build in an 19" unit, another monitor is no option right now.
I am currently running vMix with WME, audio (Audiophile 2496) goes via WME, but the sync between sound and image is gone when I am using a havy effect (vMix uses max. 10% of my cpu recources and WME max 40%).
Egriswold  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:49:34 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

@wwdv, What are your system specs?
wwdv  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 5:34:46 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Egriswold wrote:
@wwdv, What are your system specs?

Intel Core Duo E6600 with 2GB ram
WinXP SP3 on 160GB SATA SSD
Egriswold  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2013 9:31:17 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

IMHO it's time to upgrade if at all possible. You can put together a nice i5 based system with Nvidia 640 for under a $1000. Go Intel stay away from AMD.
if your doing SD video then pickup a Osprey 440 used and you'll have a great system for web casting.
wwdv  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:20:44 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Egriswold wrote:
IMHO it's time to upgrade if at all possible. You can put together a nice i5 based system with Nvidia 640 for under a $1000. Go Intel stay away from AMD.
if your doing SD video then pickup a Osprey 440 used and you'll have a great system for web casting.

I purchased a Osprey 440 yesterday I will receive it in a few days.
But why should I need a faster PC when the cpu load is <50%?

Btw. I am currently working with a hardware Panasonix mixer, a Pinnacle Dazzle grabber and BlueIris (640x480 blend weaved, 600kbs stream).
There are a lot of artefacts when I am mixing between 2 camera's, but not when zooming or moving the camera's
Can I get a better quality with vMix anyway?

Egriswold  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:06:18 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Cool, The 440 will deinterlace in hardware and gives a nice picture. I can tell you my system rarely goes over 25% when streaming and 10% is high when just local switching and broadcasting to in-house monitors. The 440 can handle 4 audio inputs too so you can put the internal mixer to work.
As for the transitions I would change the timing to 200 or 250 ms, those 1000+ cross fades don't look very nice in a stream, Artifact city.
What graphic card do you have installed? I run nvidia GT640 2gigs ddr3 and they have no problem keeping up.
Windows media encoder does deliver a higher quality picture, But at a cost. it's a CPU pig. you'll be better off with FME and a CDN that works with it. If money is a concern right now go with Ustream free version. Yes people have to watch an add prior to your stream but thats a small price until things get going for you. Good luck!!
wwdv  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:54:24 AM(UTC)
wwdv

Egriswold wrote:
Cool, The 440 will deinterlace in hardware and gives a nice picture.

Thats great! Didn't know that, does the Osprey 210 also have hardware deinterlacing?
If I have to stay working with my hardware mixer then it can replace my Dazzle.
I can get one who's reasonable priced and it has also an YC input (my hardware mixer has YC out).
I guess if I need only one input the 210 is a better choice (because of the YC), or not?

Egriswold wrote:
What graphic card do you have installed?

My graphic card is the onboard card of a SG33GSM Shuttle with the DirectX9 compatible Intel GMA 3100 graphic chip.

Egriswold wrote:
As for the transitions I would change the timing to 200 or 250 ms, those 1000+ cross fades don't look very nice in a stream, Artifact city.

Sometimes I have to use large cross fades, is there no way to reduce the artifacts? (lower keyframes, higher quality factor, higher bitrate etc.)