logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hesadanza  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:24:20 PM(UTC)
Hesadanza

Groups: Registered

I have a laptop with this audio chipset (Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD), and it seems that vMix has an issue using the audio input from the external microphone jack. When I connect up a microphone, and set it to an input in vMix, I get some random clicks and blips in the audio feed within vMix (heard in recording and streaming, and even simply in the throughput). I haven't noticed this in any other audio software with this chipset.

I'm wondering what I can do to eliminate the clicks/blips. I'm going to update the driver for the chipset, to see if that helps. If it doesn't, the only other thing I can think of is to get an external USB sound card to input the audio, but I'm worried that might introduce an unwanted delay in the audio. (By the way, is it possible to delay the video, if the audio has a hardware delay?)

Thoughts?
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:00:21 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Do you have any other inputs sourcing this input? such as a virtual module, I've had this cause audio issues.
another thought, What are the external output audio settings? try setting "input audio device" to none and leave audio device at current setting.
Hesadanza  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:09:53 PM(UTC)
Hesadanza

No other inputs sourcing the audio. The audio source is direct from the sound card.
I believe the external output audio settings for recording and streaming are set to "vMix audio." External output "audio device" and "input audio device" are both set to none (and uneditable).
Egriswold  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:57:23 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I have had the mic input give me problems with outer applications in my past. So I stopped using it, it just tends to be to noisy.
how about using an external mixer then take that output to the line-in port.
Just watch your impedances here. Use the unbalanced or tape out tends to work best for this.
Hesadanza  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:32:42 PM(UTC)
Hesadanza

I've done some more testing, and it seems that the issue may be related to my other video inputs. When I have only one Logitech C920 camera as an input, there is minimal clicking in the audio. When there are two C920s as inputs, then there is a lot of clicking/popping in the audio. Interestingly, it is most apparent when I try to record locally on the computer. Perhaps I'm taxing the system too hard with two video inputs, and it can't keep up? Whatever it is, I might have to downgrade to only one camera so I get decent audio in the output.