logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RenoGarcia  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:05:10 PM(UTC)
RenoGarcia

Groups: Registered

So we stream to Facebook Live and also send the same footage to some TV's in the foyer and family rooms of our church. I've noticed that the tvs and the preview window are completely different than what ends up on facebook. Facebook looks very dark and a little red. To compensate, I've all but washed out the camera that is streaming for the tv's but it still looks dark. I have no idea whats going on. Another point, the tv's are all different brands so it's not like they are set the same.

The tv's are getting 1080p and the stream is 720p 800kbps. While I realize that they are different, I would think that I would lose pixels not brightness and color temp.

Any Ideas?

Reno
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:27:45 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Reno

First you must know that streaming 720p at 800 Kbps delivers an extremely poor quality. What you experience here is very logical. Recommended bitrate for 720p is between 2.5 and 5 Mbits. Below that, the encoding process cannot provide a respectful image and sound quality.

In terms of encoding, the higher the bitrate is, the better the image will look.

If you cannot use more bandwidth, just don't try to go for 720p. IMHO, 360p would be more appropriate for such a bitrate

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
mjgraves on 5/10/2018(UTC)