logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:59:12 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Is there a performance difference between a deck link external output and using an hdmi output from a high end video card? Better video quality or performance?
thecloudmediagroup  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:28:55 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Anything on this one? Is there more or less latency or performance using a DeckLink Monitor output vs a video card output?
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:28:46 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi,
i use a decklink output card maily to have an extra output option. per example to couple a set of vmix machines, one or more for mixing and one for streaming. sometimes i use 2 or more mixing machines on the same location and connect them to one streaming machine.

using a bm decklink usb or mini works fine. i did not notice any latency issues, improvements or anything other than the normal latency as a result of recording. throughput on a decklink usb has no latency. so sometimes this output can be used on a screen or something. a decklink mini has no throughput. i can see and hear that by comparing the screen and audio outputs of the machines and compare this to the live audiofeed comming in.

thats all i can say about it, i'm afraid.
Thremir  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:08:15 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hi!

Using the DeckLink output cards you'd be able to select specific output resolutions and modes which can help you a lot if you are trying to output signals to lets say a ATEM switcher like myself due to most PCs not supporting 1080i50 natively or without converters.

Also these outputs are not dependent upon if there's something connected in the other end of the cable whereas Windows would black out all screens when connecting/disconnecting a display and would not always output something if you would connect it to something with low powered HDMI ports (Again, the ATEM) through long HDMI cables.

In addition, they support Composite, Component, S-Video and HD-SDI where this should be needed.

Greetings,
Håvard