logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jszeto  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:18:13 PM(UTC)
jszeto

Groups: Registered

At this point I'm guessing the PTZ protocol for Axis cameras are different? I've looked where I can, and outside of one person mentioning his camera of a different model isn't working with the PTZ control, I haven't found anything else.

I am currently able to get the feed to stream, I love the options for vMix, but our main goal is to use the software to control the cameras with minimum delay. Our Axis cameras are part of an LMS and changing 60 cameras to a brand that works with vMix is probably not going to work.

I am also wondering if vMix has plans to consider working with Axis brand PTZ cameras. Would love to partner up for testing at the enterprise level. Most medical schools are being fed Axis cameras through the LMS company CAE Medical, but they do not offer a directly camera support outside of the LMS itself and the delay is significant enough to render fineness camera movement unusable.

Cheers,
Jackson
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:09:56 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi Jackson,
Welcome to the forum, which has a search function ;)

One of the hits: https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=3800
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:40:12 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Wish I could help. Saw this topic and got excited for a solution. I have tried all the suggestions over the last couple years to no avail, but will be waiting for that moment when I can integrate them into my vMix setup.

For now I use a second computer and a USB PTZ Joystick controller. You can control all the cameras on the network through the Axis Companion software also. With 60 cameras I’m not sure how easily that could be handled, but that would be a similar problem even with vMix support.

Good luck.