logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rowby  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 10:10:31 PM(UTC)
rowby

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

Is there a shortcut (or some other solution) that I can use to set what will happen the next time I use the T-bar.

For example If instead of a straight dissolve I want to use it to do a merge or a wipe instead of a dissolve can I first hit an X-key and that specific key’s shortcut changes what the T-bar will do the next time I use the T-bar

UPDATE: It looks like the solution to this is being able to use a shortcut key to change what Stinger 1 will do. Not actually activate Stinger 1 but just passively change the effect to a different effect, such as wipe, merge, or whatever transition effect.

I realize this is a very basic question, and I am doing a forum search and I’m looking at YouTube videos, but figured I might as well ask this question on the forum

Btw I’m using the usb x-keys 124 with the t-bar.

Here is a snippet of a video showing what I am trying to accomplish. It's standard traditional broadcast switcher workflow,and I'm sure I can recreate it in vMix -- but I am not sure how.... https://www.screencast.com/t/7ro7xDDfQxl

Thanks,
Rowby
rowby  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:36:21 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

vMix excellent support gave me the solution.

If you want to use a midi device, such as x-Keys to silently change the transition that the T-Bar uses (either the on-screen or X-keys T-Bar (i.e. the X-keys USB 128 which includes a physical t-bar) go to

Settings > Shortcuts and create a new shortcut.

Then follow vMix Support's instructions:

The default transition of the Fader is "Transition 1"
It is applied to the T- bar with the Function "SetFader"
The Shortcut Function to change the effect there is "SetTransitionEffect1" with the Value = to whichever transition you want.

Back to Rowby....

In my case I wanted a key to change the T-Bar's transition to CrossZoom. So I first checkmarked the "Value" checkbox and then I saw where to type in the value. The value is the same name as the transition name as found in Short Cuts under Transitions. Note that CrossZoom is case sensitive and has no spaces.

If I didn't want "CrossZoom" I could have typed in "Cube", for example.

Now I have a nice row of T-Bar effects, set up on buttons right next to my T-Bar. Very nice (See my attached Screen capture.)

rowby attached the following image(s):
Transition.jpg (71kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked rowby for this useful post.
Cpilcher on 3/3/2018(UTC)
spino  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 1:07:00 PM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
shortcut "set transition effects" is a great feature; the problem is that there isn't activators for that. My hope is that in the future this option will be implemented.
SHMD  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:10:01 PM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
spino wrote:
shortcut "set transition effects" is a great feature; the problem is that there isn't activators for that. My hope is that in the future this option will be implemented.

+1 on we need an activator for set Transition Effects!