logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iamralphsutton  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 7:12:43 AM(UTC)
iamralphsutton

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So - we have a situation here were there are multiple lower thirds / multiple texts.

What I mean by that is

Not just 4-5 guests, each with a lower 3rd /name etc. (it's a custom graphic w a separate text title)

But also variants on those lower 3rd graphics. So that the image behind changes every so often.

I am trying to wrap my head around the best way to do this.

I am coming from xSplit - on xsplit - you would click a scene - and see all the elements on that screen. I would have all the lower third images loaded into that scene - and could just tick on and off the ones I wanted displayed in real time.

w vMix - at least if I am doing this right - I have all the images loaded in the main assets folder. I have a multiview input w the camera and all the lower thirds.... When I bring that input into preview. I then click the cog, click the multiview, and uncheck the one I don't want to display anymore, then push it live.

Is there an easier/faster way to do this?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 7:28:46 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
you do realize that a title can have variable text and image?
So one template can cater for different looks/data

Datasources should solve your problem containing the guests name and link to its image and bind those to your title.

couple of hrs ago : https://forums.vmix.com/default....ts&m=51261#post51261
iamralphsutton  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 8:04:02 AM(UTC)
iamralphsutton

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I appreciate the reply -

But -

I am VERY new to vMix - - just telling me data sources will solve this problem - doesn't help sadly.

I am somewhat familiar w data sources... but I can't wrap my head around how that solves the problem.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 8:18:58 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
i am more of a visual person and can only asume what you want it to look like from text but titles have variable fields for which the content can be changed manually or from a (datasource) list or by external commands even.

as an example say you have chooses the included NewsHD2.xaml title and you rightclick on this input you will be able to change the text it contains (Headline and Descrition for example) but you can also change the background image there.

This is the basic manual way

you can add various texts and image selections prepared in the box below those and create a little list of presets to select later

you can do the same with a datasource list containing like all your names and references to the images you want associated with or even have 2 datasource lists ; one for your names and a seperate one for your graphics references (they will have to be links to their locations) to select from and associate the title fields to the appropriate data source item

when familiar with the process of changing and showing/hiding the title overlays one can design a appropriate title with the title designer for your specific purpose

check out some of the outstanding video tutorials here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIb-SjM3xvelTsQ9VTwIeKg

IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 10:31:29 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ iamralphsutton

Depending on the complexity of your set-up, the simplest and quickest solution in my books is to create multiple MultiView Inputs (same camera/graphic different text/graphic) and just switch between and among them (or even auto switch with the PlayList) thus not having to click through menus and tic boxes.
Alternatively, although a more involved and advanced process, is to use DataSources as doggy mentions and/or Shortcuts, even the UTC by elgaf, for a more streamlined approach, but it will require some time to learn and get your head around.

Ice