logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danspada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
danspada

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone, my son and I have a modest studio where he plays Roblox on Youtube. We have a Behringer Xenyx 1204USB and Audio Technica headsets. We use Vmix as a virtual switcher and it works perfectly most of the time. Occasionally, however we get this awful ear piercing noise, and I have no idea how to fix this. I’m assuming it’s an issue with the audio mixer, but since it stops when I close vMix, I assume there’s a chance it could be something in vMix. If anyone knows what this is, please help because my son has sensitive ears, and when it goes off it's very uncomfortable for him.

Here is a sample of the sound:
f.schuster  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:42:27 PM(UTC)
f.schuster

We are experiencing the same issue here for a few weeks now (Jan 8th 2018 for the first time).
The issue is hard to replicate. We observed spontanious noises on the input channel(s), sometimes longer (aprox. 2 minutes), sometimes shorter (1 minute).
It happens on different input channels. Sometimes on all at the same time, sometimes on one at a time.
Sometime we can stop the noise by resetting the input (right-klick -> Reset). But this is not reliable.

Sample here:

Setup:
Video hub INPUT2 to OUTPUT2 -> Workstation HP Z420 with Decklink Quad 2 INPUT 2
Video hub INPUT2 to OUTPUT3 -> Workstation HP Z420 with Decklink Quad 2 INPUT 3
Video hub INPUT2 to OUTPUT4 -> Workstation HP Z420 with Decklink Quad 2 INPUT 4
Video hub INPUT2 to OUTPUT11 -> Hyperdeck SSD recorder (no issues at no time)

We also tried recording long intervals with Hyperdeck (to exclude Video hub issues) and Wirecast on the same machine (to exclude hardware problems). Result: No problems at no time.
All cables are of high professional quality.

The issue is critical.
danspada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:16:31 PM(UTC)
danspada

Sounds like very similar issues. I will try refreshing until we understand why this is happening. Hopefully someone from vMix can help us get this fixed.

*Edit: I decided to close our audio mixer and re-input it. After closing the audio input I was still getting the noise. I looked at my vMix screen, and even though I didn't have any inputs, I was still hearing the noise. This makes me think it's not the mixer itself.