logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HarleyHaynes  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 11:31:34 AM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Groups: Registered
Man

So I have been trying to run an FB live show with C920 and the C922 and have ordered the Logitech Brio in one last ditch effort to keep a simple setup. The C920s seem to suffer from dropped frames and I have spent countless hours trying to resolve this issue with multiple Logitech webcams on different computers and I am about done. I have little confidence the Brio will be any different.

I was looking into other options and was watch Live Streaming Pros and they had a PTZOptics ZCam-4X 2.7MP 1080p Full HD Box set up. I thought this was going to be super expensive but after a little research it seems was surprisingly affordable about $500.00. We typically stand about 2 to 5 feet from the camera and show various clothing with tons of patterns and colors for 2 to 4 hours.

It looks as if it can stream over ethernet or SDI.
Can you stream over ethernet to VMIX without a capture device?
Is there a huge advantage streaming over ethernet vs SDI? ie quality, latency, stability?

I have a BM Intensity pro 4K and was looking at the Panasonic HC-V770 (about the same price as the ZCAM). I would like to sell the BMI Pro and recoup some cash.

Thoughts would be welcome.

SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:31:50 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
The Brio and the PTZ Optics Z-Cam-4X are about $200 and $500 respectively.

Since you have a capture device, consider getting a camera that will work with the Intensity Pro 4K. A simple camcorder using the HDMI output such as a Canon Vixia HF R70 ($229) or a Sony HDR-CX455 ($380) will give you Full HD 1080p/60 for your show. The Canon isn't much more expensive than a Brio.

I believe you've tried a GoPro. However those types of action cams are sometimes finicky since their main function is not for streaming video, so that's not the best test of the Blackmagic Intensity 4K. Using the Intensity 4K with a Canon, Sony or Panasonic camcorder with an HDMI cable connection is straight forward and should produce good results.

For a more versatile camera, perhaps you can find a used Canon G30 or G40 on eBay that's affordable. Very good cameras that can handle various shooting situations.

You could still use one of the Logitechs for a 2nd camera for an occasional wide shot or some other angle/elevation.
thanks 1 user thanked SportsNetUSA.net for this useful post.
HarleyHaynes on 2/21/2018(UTC)