logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
r@wisla  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:41:02 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Sorry to say, but saving delay to a list, and not to a normal video input is a failure to me. Could we have an option to disable this?

I used saving delay as a good tool to create highlight reel. Adding mark in/out option and the new colour category system made it wonderfull! I think one of the first vMix 11 preview version didn't have this saving to list option and I was thrilled with new possibilities.

With saving delay output to list I can't easily switch from one clip to another with a transition and can't set start of each clip. Creating a nice highlight reel like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucWlvzcXxg (test, low bitrate) during the game is impossible now.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:30:03 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
I like the concept and organization of the delay list but I agree that it needs some refining for ease of use, I am not all that familiar with it yet such as if it is possible to set and save in/out points and playback speeds for each clip as well as transitioning between clips as r@wisla describes without having to re-add each clip as an individual input. Perhaps an option to add select saved marked clips to a highlight reel list (regular list) or as normal video inputs would make this easier.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:08:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Been giving this some more thought after playing with it a bit and I find that the current "video delay list" is too restrictive in a "Live" situation, just as r@wisla describes.
I think saving the clips to a dedicated folder might work better than to a dedicated list.
Currently, there is no way to preview and set-up a clip if another one is playing, at least I haven't found a way.
Trying to re-add the clips as individual inputs is too disruptive during a live broadcast (I tried and ended up missing a replay opportunity because I couldn't close out soon enough to get back into vMix to capture the delay)
If the clips were in their own folder, order is easily maintained and the former functionality is restored for those who need it.
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:52:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
I wish you guys had reported your concerns during the vMix 11 Preview phase...

Anyway I am going to update the video delay functionality soon with the following:

1. Dropdown box to select the destination of saved clips. This can either be to the List as the default
or to any of the colour coded categories as a separate input.

2. List items can each have their own MarkIn MarkOut points added

3. Checkbox to turn on or off automatically playing each item in the list one by one.

Does this cover everything?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

r@wisla  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:39:41 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

admin wrote:
I wish you guys had reported your concerns during the vMix 11 Preview phase...

Sorry, You're right, for sure. What I can only say is, I posted request for mark in/mark out and I described there it would be great to use it with saved clip by delay module. Changing way of saved clips organization "disabled" my mark in/mark out feature.

Also, I didn't notice the list option discussion - so I didn't recognized it as a threat of my method of doing the highlight reel.

Anyway it is marvellous to read Your answer:
admin wrote:
I am going to update the video delay functionality soon with the following:

1. Dropdown box to select the destination of saved clips. This can either be to the List as the default
or to any of the colour coded categories as a separate input.
Absolutely sufficient for me :)

admin wrote:
2. (...), 3. (...)
Does this cover everything?

IF I use the list option (I'm not going), I would like it to have:
- option to select transition, that is used between clips. I mean one transition for whole list, not different transitions every change of clip. I just don't like cut between highlight clips, I preffer fade)
- possibility to change order of the clips
- option to check what clip do I wan't to play in playlist (checkbox in every clip - checked by default)
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:59:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Please see new update posted below:

http://forums.vmix.com.a...osts&m=6474#post6474

IceStream  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:47:46 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

+1 on r@wisla's suggestions.
I apologize Martin, for not paying closer attention to this during the preview phase, hockey season is only just getting underway now, so I haven't had a lot of opportunity to "use" the new features...
No matter what you do, you're probably not going to please everyone, but your efforts and development of this product are second to none and I congratulate you.
The thing to keep in mind for sports replays, is that not every saved clip needs to be added to the playback list or highlight reel, or at least not the same one, maybe I just want to playback the Home team goals as a bumper before a commercial break, or maybe I just want to highlight the spectacular saves, whatever the case, I need a way to set that up quickly and efficiently, marking in/out points, transition, playback speed and order of play, all while in the midst of a "live" broadcast. If those objectives can be accomplished within the list via checkboxes or whatever, we are laughing. If a second operator is able to set those sorts of things up through a web interface in the background, even better.
All in all, it's an evolutionary process and we are already miles ahead of where we were just a few years ago, so keep up the good work!
r@wisla  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:59:58 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

admin wrote:
Please see new update posted below:

http://forums.vmix.com.a...osts&m=6474#post6474

Great! Thank You! Tested & everything's fine.
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:42:09 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Marvelous work Martin!
You rock.