logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 11:34:14 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
So recently we have run into an issue of our desktop capture freezing or lagging for 5-10 seconds at a time. The frame will freeze and the desktop capture will say error. After about 5-10 seconds the error will go away and the feed will resume. This happened about 3 or 4 times this morning as will as a few times this last week. What would cause this? I don't believe that we have really changed anything major other than our ISP.I'm not sure why this would affect the feed but that is the only variable I can think has changed. We are using the most recent desktop capture on a i7 PC and vMix is running on an i7 with 8gb of ram and a beefy video card. Ideas?
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:02:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

What version does it say in the desktop capture title bar and can you provide
as much information on the error as possible, including screenshot.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thecloudmediagroup  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:14:57 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

vMix Version 11.0.0.20 x64

Desktop Capture 9.0.0.4

Desktop Capture computer is running EasyWorship and displaying HD motion backgrounds with scriptures and videos for our services. Video card is a GeForce GT 640.

We have not had enough problems to see a trend but it almost seems like the issue has happened when the desktop capture is on the output and not the preview.

The strange issue is the disconnecting and the reconnecting of the feed without us touching anything.

One of the times that it had this issue, our video that we were showing seemed to glitch and stop. The video kept freezing in vMix and our engineer restarted the desktop capture 3 or 4 times to remedy the issue and then at some point in that short video, our video glitched within our presentation program. I am not sure if they are related. It could be a coincidence.

I cannot replicate the issue as of right now and cannot explain it much more than that. The desktop capture will display the red "Error" strip on the input and it will stay frozen for about 5-10 seconds or so and then will somehow correct itself and catch up to where it is in realtime.

How much bandwidth does the desktop feed use? What protocol does it use to talk between computers? Is there some sort of router setting that would inhibit the feed?
thecloudmediagroup  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:38:49 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

I looked at my network statistics for a while and was able to catch this. Not sure if this a cause or effect of the issue.

UserPostedImage