logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
um@equilive.dk  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:35:03 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

I am new to the BD products. Have added a Decklink Duo card to my configuration, and would like to "make it work". After 2 days now, I am still confused about the configuration. The Decklink Duo adapter is installed in a HP Workstation, drivers are installed and updated to version 9.8.

I have tried to loop Output #1 to Input #2 - and have vMix to sent it to "External" - but nothing happens!!!!

I am a bit desperat - need it for a live production this comming week.

How can I test the adapter in a simpel way?
When I connect the output to a bigscreen scaler it does not show any active input/signal from the SDI port!

I have been thourgh the BD Control Panel settings, but there is not much to set.

Do we have a Decklink expert in this forum, that knows how to test/fix my startup problems - or even better does there exist a guide for how to nail this problem?

Best regards
Ulrik
(denmark)
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 11:44:31 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Ulrik,
One of the first things I do is use BM Media Express program to test inputs and outputs.
you have to be very aware of what your input feed is i.e. 1280x720 59.94p
so if you are going to output and loop back (which I have done) what is the output setting in External portion of settings panel.
then you must match them exactly for input.
I have a great deal of experience with BM cards and 99.9% of the time it comes down to settings.
For example most people will select the 59.94i or 29.97p in frame rate for a NTSC 1280x720 input then wonder why it's not working.
What they overlooked was "i" next to 59.94 and what they should have selected was the 59.94p
Even if you have a camera set to record one resolution it may output a different resolution and frame rate.
A good example. cameras set to 720 @ 60p, actually output 720 @ 59.94p (drop frame)
I have clients call me almost daily just for this reason.
Use Media Exprees to see what's coming in. Again you will have to set the prefrences to match the source and you will need to use BM control panel to set type of input or output for Media Exprees.
Side note: don't try to run vMix at the same time you run Media Exprees, they both can't share the cards at same time.
Hope this helps.