logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:47:57 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
In my continuing saga trying to get a complex graphic system working, I have almost everything in place, however I seem to have run into a snag. Looks like Excel will only send updated info to vMix when excel is saved. I'm wondering if its possible for real time updates, without having to manually save it every few seconds, the macro's I've tried for auto save have not been working, and it is not always the active window, but the data continues to change.

What are my options for real time data from excel?
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 9:05:49 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
spencerm24 wrote:
In my continuing saga trying to get a complex graphic system working, I have almost everything in place, however I seem to have run into a snag. Looks like Excel will only send updated info to vMix when excel is saved. I'm wondering if its possible for real time updates, without having to manually save it every few seconds, the macro's I've tried for auto save have not been working, and it is not always the active window, but the data continues to change.

What are my options for real time data from excel?

vMix is reading a file from disk which means it's only reading data from the last saved instance no matter how you look at it. Figure out how to do a save in your macro after an update or include a separate macro that simply saves the file or publishes an HTML file on a xx second interval. That's what i have done with success.
Barney Box Lane  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
i believe you need to do a code that answers the question if value changes above 0.0001 then save and that should do it once you know what the code is to instruct that. unfortunately my knowledge is pretty limited in the code level of thins
rudyengels  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 10:20:44 AM(UTC)
rudyengels

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
A few years ago I've setup a system that made a connection between Microsoft Access and PowerPoint. The slides were automatically updated. When using Excel there is always going to be some "latency" and you need to save because it doesn't do it automatically. So a real database is going to be the solution, I think;
Barney Box Lane  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 12:48:56 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
can you do a command to save when the value changes above 0.001? I don't know if a save command is a thing but the other one is