logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HarleyHaynes  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 4:45:44 PM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Groups: Registered
Man

I have been chasing down this odd glitch in my FB live stream and wonder if anyone has any insight on this. I have attached a sample.

My Render time rarely if ever jumps above 4ms typically hover at 2ms. Very low cpu usage.

I and streaming from a Logitech C920 webcam straight to my machine.
The machine:

HP Elite Desk 800 with mid-level
Windows 10 latest updates
core I7 4790k
EVGA1050 GB vram
ssd
16gb ram

my audio:
Berhinger Q802usb Mixer with a single mic input

File Attachment(s):
My Video.avi (1,313kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
HarleyHaynes  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 12:44:04 AM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Man

I am still chasing this down and could use some input. This weird tearing of the screen seems to happen on highly textured clothing that we show at a close distance. I have tried 2 new a different webcam. I have replaced the USB cables with shorter USB 3 and a powered HUB thinking perhaps it was a cable length or quality issue.

Tried multiple resolutions down to 720p 29fps. I uninstalled the Logitech drivers and used the default windows driver. I have removed every other USB items from the machine. Any ideas would be welcome. I want to upgrade to more inputs 1080p version of vMix but I am hesitant as I can not seem to chase down this issue.

As a side note, I have a Black Magic intensity pro and tried my GoPro hero 4 but getting it set up for long streams that we do ..sometimes 4 hours... was just too many steps.

I am thinking of getting a Canon Vixia RH800.. Thoughts. As we show clothing for sale we have to have accurate control of our white balance, exposure, saturation ect.

HarleyHaynes  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 1:11:09 AM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Man

I tried this on an entirely different computer and did the same thing with vmix with multiple settings.
HarleyHaynes  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:27:44 AM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Man

Looks like I am getting significant dropped sources. If I show a solid or lightly patterned print at about 3 ft from the camera, covering most f the FOV the image is stable. Add in a highly patterned print t the same distance and it starts dropping like crazy.
HarleyHaynes attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG (201kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Capture.PNG (201kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 4:44:27 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Since you have a Black Magic intensity pro capture device, borrow a camcorder such as the Vixia R800, or comparable Sony, or Panasonic and see what your video looks like with a non-USB cam.

Also do you get the same issues without having the C920 connect through the powered hub and not using any kind of cable extension?
HarleyHaynes  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 5:47:25 PM(UTC)
HarleyHaynes

Man

SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
Since you have a Black Magic intensity pro capture device, borrow a camcorder such as the Vixia R800, or comparable Sony, or Panasonic and see what your video looks like with a non-USB cam.

Also, do you get the same issues without having the C920 connect through the powered hub and not using any kind of cable extension?

Yes, I have tried on different computers altogether, no extension, with extension, with power hub and without.

I am looking at the Vixia as it needs to be easy to set up. I am going to try the gopro but we tend to stream for 2 to 4 hrs straight.