logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rowby  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:19:47 PM(UTC)
rowby

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

Was working on a Playlist just now -- and see that it is also missing the Input number prefixes. It’s harder to find and double check items without the Prefix numbers.

Especially for newbies or assistants brought into a production just for an event or two..... For example, to new learners, without prefix numbers the list looks like random inputs with no particular order. This increases the learning curve.

But prefix numbers help everyone, including the experienced.

And as in my earlier suggestions on these lists of inputs here and elsewhere in the vMix GUI, ideally these input lists should be sortable by creation and modified date as well as by type. (Image, video, PowerPoint, etc). A right click menu might be the way to do this.

New addition. These input lists— wherever they appear throughout the vMix GUI— should also be sortable by input color codes. Alongside the input numbers there should be color boxes representing the assigned color of the input — and sortable by those colors.

The vMix input lists are the “meat and potatoes” of vMix. The long term goal of these lists should be as robust as the video asset bin lists of software such as Adobe Premiere. As vMix productions become more elaborate with more and more inputs, improved input list management will greatly help the end users — and grow the user base of this wonderful and delightful software.

Thanks!

Rowby

P.S. A search box filter would also be a time saver for these input lists.
P.S.S. As I review this suggestion, and work more and more with vMix, I would like to add that input numbers should appears wherever an input title is listed. That would include the preview and output window title area. etc etc. (Forgive me if I am bloating this suggestion. :) )
rowby attached the following image(s):
Playlist needs Input Prefix.jpg (173kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
David_in_Philly  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:06:38 PM(UTC)
David_in_Philly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
+1