logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seb666  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:10:45 PM(UTC)
seb666

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi,

when will we see the announced vMix update with NDI 3.0? As mentioned in the last FunTimeLiveShow it will also bring enhanced performance for NDI|HX and with three Spark Connect and a NDI enabled Panasonic PTZ I experienced really bad performance on my new Obsidian-PC in 1080p50... I hope this will improve. :)

Regards
Seb
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:16:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Seb,

Support for NDI 3.0 is being worked on however it does not improve performance for NDI HX, so it would be good if you could provide some more information
about the problem you are having so we can help.

But first, make sure you have the latest firmware for your devices and the latest HX drivers.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
seb666 on 1/22/2018(UTC)
livepad  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 7:05:38 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
seb666 wrote:
Hi,

when will we see the announced vMix update with NDI 3.0? As mentioned in the last FunTimeLiveShow it will also bring enhanced performance for NDI|HX and with three Spark Connect and a NDI enabled Panasonic PTZ I experienced really bad performance on my new Obsidian-PC in 1080p50... I hope this will improve. :)

Regards
Seb

NDI 3.0 and HX are pretty much separate entities.
NDI Loads the HX driver dynamically, and so on Windows you can upgrade or update the HX drivers, independently from the NDI library in use by VMix.
It might be a good idea to run up 4 copies of the NewTek Studio Monitor and see if your 4 Sources flow smoothly using the latest NDI and HX builds from NewTek.
You may find the same issue, which may point to more general issues of networking or CPU/GPU resources.
One other thing to note is that NDI can either use or not use hardware acceleration, particularly for decoding of NDI HX. Hardware acceleration will be a finite resource on all systems and in some cases might actually cause performance issues when there is still plenty of CPU available.
Generally to use Hardware Acceleration or NOT is a decision made in each NDI application, so it would require those apps to present the user with a switch in order to troubleshoot along these lines.
I am not sure if the HW Acceleration option came in with 3.0 or earlier, but it might be useful to know which HW acceleration option Vmix is using (or will use).

seb666  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 2:42:16 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

It would be a shame if a machine with a 10 core i9 CPU, 64 GB RAM and a 1080ti GPU couldn't handle four different NDI|HX inputs in 1080p50...

The problem is that I do not have a testing ground with enough action and movement in the live picture. Four cameras filming myself at a table in the office are not as stressfull for the codec as a wheelchair basketball match.
livepad  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 6:12:52 PM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
seb666 wrote:
It would be a shame if a machine with a 10 core i9 CPU, 64 GB RAM and a 1080ti GPU couldn't handle four different NDI|HX inputs in 1080p50...

The problem is that I do not have a testing ground with enough action and movement in the live picture. Four cameras filming myself at a table in the office are not as stressfull for the codec as a wheelchair basketball match.

If you are in that situation, I find that pointing cameras at the TV works well. If you have an analog TV that can pick up old school TV noise, even better !!!
thanks 1 user thanked livepad for this useful post.
seb666 on 1/22/2018(UTC)
seb666  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 8:10:29 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

livepad wrote:

If you are in that situation, I find that pointing cameras at the TV works well. If you have an analog TV that can pick up old school TV noise, even better !!!

Thanks! Good idea.

Regards
Seb